“We camped in a tent with kids and 2 dogs; it's a fantastic place to take your furkids!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tarra Valley
Best Friend Holiday Retreat
Reviewed January 6, 2014

It's my first-ever experience camping, and I don't really like the idea of "roughing it". Best Friends has enough modern conveniences to make it easy on families and yet the location and scenery make you feel like you're in the middle of some magical forest. The fenced in camp area was great, as were the dog runs. Facilities were clean, the owner was very friendly and if I ever camp again in my life, it will be at Best Friends resort with my dogs! The human children loved it too. A bigger playground structure would be a nice touch, as well as maybe stock some more basic supplies and food staples for humans (they have the dogs covered!) as we forgot one bag which included socks and gloves; it was much colder than we anticipated for that time of year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth B

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have tried to find another place as good as this place but I can not ....completely dog friendly .... If you want a great place where your dog will also be as welcome as you are ...you can not go past this place ...I have done my research and I can find no better than this place ...units are all fully fence ...your dogs are secure ....I can not fault this place ....

Room Tip: I don't think you will find any place here you would not be unhappy with ....All are close to of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just the business for a holiday with your dogs - securely fenced cabins and sites - big off lead areas - Owners are lovely - close to 90 mile beach great

Also Yarram is fairly close and very pleasant little town

Room Tip: We stay in the deluxe cabins but they are all comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We ordered a budget cabin for two nights over the long weekend. The complex is located a leafy green valley, truely beautiful setting. The budget cabin was of an adequate size for two people.

Communication prior to arrival was fantastic. Emails to the owners were answered promptly at all times of the day.

There was complementary pink bubbles, chocolate and pop in the fridge on arrival

An air-conditioning unit would have been very welcome in the warm weather we've been having, but overall I'm satisfied with my choice to stay there and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic setup especially for dogs. Everything has been thought of, even the loo paper has dogs on it! The off leash areas are huge with toys, poo bags and water supplied. Our dog loved staying in the tent with us and having a fenced area meant we could relax in our little area and not worry about her. Coralie and Ralph are lovely hosts, very friendly and so interested in everyone's dogs. Highly recommend a stay here :)

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Kiwisok
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was a really lovely little holiday. While we could have chosen from various accommodations, we opted for a "superior" Snoopy themed cabin which has introduced my ten year old to all Snoopy's antics. It was lined with memorabilia, stories etc. The other two themed cabins are Pluto and Scooby-Doo and after a little peak, I'm keen to test them both out! Having three generations in the family we had ALL the cabins covered really! Comfortable cabin, great little verandah and wonderful views, well kept yard, enclosed so that the dogs could only STARE at the rabbits, not chase them, four off-leash areas, gorgeous surrounds, beautiful setting and a waterfall just across the road in which to cool off, and explore. A general store up the road, 15 mins away Yarram and its historic buildings and a town centre for all your other needs, including a good Safeway store. Only 20 mins away is a fantastic beach, Woodside, just brillaint, white sand, dunes to climb, plenty of space - and dogs allowed year round! OFF LEASH! Speaking of which, the retreat itself has four off leash areas and they are huge, plenty of time for doggies to enjoy themselves, including free hydrobath. It also has an open aviary and the rozellas are gorgeous. Camping areas are clean and well kept, all cabins good, and their site is well worth a look. The ONLY thing that drove me nuts was not to have a pool on site, or a dam or something, but that's just me, i'll swim anywhere - so I paddled (fully clothed) in the waterfall (which is bloody slippery so bring your aquasocks). Sooo refreshing! Worth it. Beautiful drive to the spot, great spot, take the beach view roads, scenic roads whatever back. We're going again just for the drive in a coupla weeks. Oh, and did i mention the stars at night?!

Room Tip: If you have the money and are sharing with other family members, i'd go with one of the themed c...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jgls
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here back in March with our 2 labradors and little girl who was 9 months old at the time. We had a cabin which was spotless and had great kitchen facilities and a BBQ for our personal use. It was great staying somewhere where the dogs are allowed inside the cabin and the sectioned off runs for them outside are brilliant - you can tire them out without even leaving the place!
The national park is easy to get to, as is Ninety Mile beach where the dogs had a great run.
Each morning the brids were fed and the wildlife is spectacular.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank DBCMacclesfield

Been to Best Friend Holiday Retreat? Share your experiences!