The Doctor's House Inn & Spa
Fongs Motel(Carbonear)
Carbonear Motel(Carbonear)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Woody Island Resort(Woody Island)
  • Breakfast included
Capital Hotel(St. John's)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubprivate balconyjust what the doctor orderedlovely roomchorizojerryweddinggoatspropertynewfoundlandwoodsfireplacehensrateshikedana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed in Athenry in August with 11 co-workers. We had a fabulous time. What a great place to relax and forget about the stress that a lot of us seem to have these days. The Staff were super friendly and very accommodating. The Inn was very cleand annd the rooms were quiet comfortable with Patios. The grounds are beautiful with walking trails and lots of seating if you just want to lounge around and enjoy the great outdoors. The Spa treaments were very relaxing. This is a great place to visit iwth a group because it is so spacious. It is definitely a place I would visit again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Kathie w
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This has been my first stay at 'Fields of Athenry' and I plan to make more visits in the future. I spent 2 days there with my teenage boys this passed August and they loved it as well.
What can I say? From the ducks, to the Newfoundland ponies, hens, walking trails, and local shops and restaurants. Loved it all.
The room had a very nice country feel and the view from the windows / balcony were breathtaking.
I enjoyed the sitting room with the fire nightly as it made it feel like home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Footeloose
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I just spent the last few days at Fields of Athenry Country Inn and Day spa and felt is was one of the nicest getaways I have ever been on. Town meets country at its finest. The resort is tastefully decorated to appeal anyone who has the luxury of staying there.
There are resident chickens who roam the gardens and add a certain charm to the whole setting. The beds were so comfortable I inquired where they were purchased..The view in my room was surreal....ocean view on one side ...landscaped gardens on the other.

Truly a well kept secret...I booked a return visit for mid September with the girls...Spa treatments and relaxation

Room Tip: I viewed the whole resort and each room has its own personality and view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lynn p
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Oh My God!!!!!

Fields of Athenry was an amazing experience I shall never soon forget....Never before have I enjoyed a weekend retreat as I did while I was there. The spa treatments were top notch and the employees were dedicated and attentive. My intent was to treat myself to two treatments but ended up experiencing four treatments... that I totally would recommend to anyone.

The peaceful, PARADISE LIKE surroundings was surreal! Ocean views captured on private decks of each room and English country side gardens surrounded the entire property. Manicured walking trails leading to oceans edge with comfortable chairs statically placed to whale watch or read a book. Simply BREATHE-TAKING.

Room Tip: Request a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank dawne s
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Serenity at its finest. This haven does wonders for one’s mind body and soul. From the breath taking landscapes, the decadent meals the over the top hospitality, the roosters, the walking trails…I don’t know where to start… A few friends arrived on Friday ready to escape the world and that is what we did and entered a completely new and wonderful place.

It was calming and heartwarming to be able to feed, ducks, horses, hens, roosters, geese and to be one with nature. The walking trails are nothing short of breathtaking…And the cliff theatre…which is this grassy hill overlooking Trinity Bay is mesmerizing…You can sit back in one of the many chairs laid out and read and watch the whales…I can almost guarantee that before you know it you are watching the sunset…Yes it’s just that amazing out there.

Everyone is genuine and attentive. All of our rooms and the others we were able to view all have views that will set you in a trance. We all had balcony rooms, which proved a great place to drink the fresh made ice tea ( or spiked in our case ) soak up the sun and chat. Now the beds…I can’t even begin to describe how heavenly my bed was…fluffy yet firm and the duvet was so full it engulfed you like being in a cloud. I am smiling now just thinking back on it…

We also availed of the sunroom off from the dining area where we could watch the birds with a glass of wine and listen to the crackle of the fireplace while our senses were teased with what they were cooking for us for our next meal.

The spa offered a wide variety of treatments and I am sure that after I walked out from my wrap I smiled for hours….Of course every evening we relaxed a little more in the hottub!

I am sure there is so much that I am missing…I can only tell you that in all of my travels Canada/US…This was by far the most peaceful and relaxing place I have ever been to. A 5 Star in a country setting away from the hustle and bustle of the world, I will DEFINITELY be back, and I can’t wait!

Room Tip: All the rooms were Phenomenal!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends