“Cosy Luxury Getaway”
Review of Easby Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Easby
Easby Hall
Ranked #1 of 2 Easby B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I regularly visit north Yorkshire to see my parents, and on this occasion i decided to treat them to a weekend away, with another couple as well. We took over the guest wing of three stunning bedrooms. It was a bitterly cold weekend and I was worried about the damp and drafts you sometimes get in otherwise beautiful historical buildings. No need! Central heating brilliant, room spacious and welcoming. Karen, the glammy owner, had lit a wood burner in our room which was great. My wife went on about the soft furnishings, velvet throws and knitted cushions etc and kept checking labels. Could hardly get her out of the room, and she used the roll top bath every day; I used the giant walk in shower, which is top hotel standard. Everything other reviewers has said is true. i would emphasize how nice it is to 'take over' the space; it feels like your own manor house in a way; perfect for couples/groups of friends to get away and feel private and relaxed.

Room Tip: The Abbey room has the great views of the ruined abbey but only a shower room; the courtyard suite i...

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I spent a long weekend at Easby Hall in December with a friend and absolutely loved it. Perched on the brow of the hill overlooking fields and the river Swale, Easby is a beautifully restored Georgian manor, offering luxury and comfort in the wilds of North Yorkshire.

I stayed in the Abbey Room with spectactular views across rolling fields and the remains of a 17th century abbey and chapel. The room was sumptuous with scattered antiques, rich soft furnishings and ensuite bathroom.

Easby has an organic vegetable garden and a brood of talkative hens and they try to source locally. In the morning we breakfasted in the Flower Room and were treated to homemade fruit compot, full english and John's (the owner) perfect poached eggs - highly recommended!

There are a series of fantastic walks around Easby, including walking the length of the river Swale and up through the woods to the open fields followed by afternoon tea and cake in the drawing room in front of a roaring fire.

John and Karen are wonderfully hospitable and know the area well and can therefore, suggest good walks and places worth visiting while staying at Easby. They are incredibly warm and friendly and one feels like part of the family.

I couldn't recommend Easby more highly.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Easby Hall has to be the best B&B we have ever stayed in - more like a 5 star hotel - it's a home away from home. The house, rooms and decor are of the highest standard and the surrounding areas take your breath away and so many wonderful walks. Our breakfast was wonderful and everything was home made and from excellent ingredients. Everything is of the highest standard - nothing is spared from the sheets and towels, the food, the decor and the extremely warm welcome from Karen and John. We can't wait to return - Heavenly Easby Hall.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Oh my goodness what a gem Easby Hall is - nestled away overlooking Easby Abbey and run by the most ADORABLE couple. He looks like a handsome cowboy and she is gorgeous.

The bedrooms are so wonderful with Egyptian cotton linen and squishy cushions. It was the best nights sleep we have had in years and we can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lara F
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked the wing for a weekend with 3 friends and it was absolutely perfect! Chic as a top boutique hotel, the rooms are incredibly stylish, even down to the smoothest sheets and softest pillows! The views are straight out of a film set, with the ruins of ancient Easby Abby laid out in front of the facade.
At dawn the mist was hovering all around the ruins (obviously brought in by the sfx department!) - Karen and John think of everything!
Delicious imaginative breakfast too. We saw Karen's beautiful organic vegetable garden, which supplies much of the produce for the house. Proper home grown food!
My friend is even booking the cottage to write a book.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have just returned from an overnight stay at Easby Hall, and we are already trying to plan a return trip! John and Karen are extremely warm and welcoming, and the hall and its rooms are beautiful. Having viewed all the bedrooms, I think we had the loveliest, the Courtyard Suite.....large, a huge soft bed, with a beautiful slipper bath and double rain shower, complete with log fire etc....what could be better?! A magnificent breakfast, with everything fresh and wonderful set us up for the day....we really loved our stay, and cannot recommend Easby Hall highly enough to anyone looking for a spectacular setting, sumptuous bedroom and a faboulous breakfast......

Room Tip: All beautiful, Courtyard Suite was my favourite and was largest....but all are lovely!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hellie
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I were part of the group of six in the review "Magical". This was a Christmas present from our very good friends and can truly say we have never had such a wonderful present. On arrival we were ecstatic at the beauty of the Hall and the amazing room our friends had chosen for us (the Champagne Suite). We were greeted by the owners Karen and John and their lovely family and friends and of course the dog Poppy. From the very minute we stepped through the door we felt comfortable and welcomed. We received a tour of all the rooms and were so excited and would have truly been happy wherever we had been placed. Our room was fantastic and the attention to detail unprecedented. A large luxurious bed with beautiful bedding with everything you could want. I nearly fainted with excitement when I saw our bathroom. Deep purple and blooms surrounded the fantastic bath and beautiful loo and wash handbasin. In the corner was a fab power shower totally in keeping with the ambience of the room.
We had tea in the beautiful Drawing Room which also served as our Dining Room later where we were served our fantastic dinner. Everyone was so attentive without being overbearing and we felt as though we we friends not guests.
I truly loved our vist to the Winter Room around midnight with a roaring fire was a fitting end to a fantastic day.
Next morning we were treated to an amazing breakfast which had everything you could possibly want. A brisk walk round the grounds followed, something we must do again in the summer when everything is in bloom.
I can't praise Karen and John enough for what they have done with the Hall, I have never stayed anywhere more beautiful a wonderful magical experience. I would wish them every success as they truly deserve it.
Brenda F

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Easby Hall? Share your experiences!