It took us a while to write this review, because when we got back to Holland, the usual 'crazy' life hit us.. But we finally managed to squeeze in a moment to write the review, we loved this place! We arrived late at night, but Silvie was there to receive us, with a huge cup of tea (who doesn't like the huge cups of tea :)) and left us in the beautiful big room, which accommodated all of our needs. Big bed (180 cm, we couldn't even find each other at night haha), big bathroom with a shower AND a bath, big enough to lay in entirely. We even had a couch and chairs, so when the weather turned bad a couple of days later we had a little place to sit all by ourselves. Not that we had to, we could also sit downstairs with Silvie and Philippe and little Scotch, who never gets tired of being cuddled.
We felt entirely at home and is there a bigger compliment for a B&B?
A couple of other great things:
- the breakfast is to die for (lots of great bread, lovely confiture, cheeses, ham, more bread (pain au chocolat!) and the best apple juice ever.
- the garden is very beautiful, too bad the weather didn't really allow us to spend a lot of time there
- lots of good restaurants (most with typical Alsace food, we loved it) and t was asparagus time, YUMMY!
- easy to reach and easy to get too Strassbourg, by train, by car, by bike, whichever you like.
- we took our bikes and cycled all over the place which was lovely. We especially liked northern Alsace (less crowded than the south) and very very beautiful.
The only downside we could think of was that it isn't in the middle of vineyards so a car is necessary if you want to go to southern Alsace, but, all the other stuff makes up for this, by far..
Thank you so much Silvie and Philippe, we will definitely come back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'accroche coeur nestles within a little village of some 280 inhabitants in the Alsace countryside, 20 minutes from Strasbourg and 45 minutes from Baden Baden.Our house has 2 suites for guests. Each of these suites is full of charm and is luxuriously appointed.With over 40 m², you'll have all the room you need. We've also taken great care to make your stay as comfortable as possible: genuine fir parquet flooring, small lounge with sofa.. ... more less