“Wonderful”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MikeStone...
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 4, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We were looking for a peaceful countryside cottage and Five Wells Barn was the perfect choice. The accommodation is very cosy and, despite being slightly off-the-beaten track, the TV, Wi-Fi and heating all worked marvellously, which isn't always the case in holiday cottages! A friendly horse, donkeys, chickens, sheep and (if you time it right) lambs are just seconds away from the front door. A great base to explore nearby Bakewell, Buxton, Chatsworth, Eyams and the amazing Monsal Trail. Highly recommended!

lazybauck...
auckland
“Peaceful Retreat”
Reviewed October 7, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Anyone knows how they feel after a flight from New Zealand...24hrs flying plus transit time. I chose this cottage as it wasn't too far from Manchester airport, but far enough to escape the hustle and bustle. So much better to fly into than Heathrow.
Used GPS which was accurate. Don't drive into five well farms carry on following driveway around and between house on left and barn on right. You cannot see the cottage until you follow this route.
Was met by Caroline who showed me around the cottage. An absolutely beautiful cottage which suited my needs. I spent hours staring out of the big window with expansive views. Yes the sheep do come right up to the window.
So many holiday cottages I have rented have terrible beds but this one was fabulous. I loved the decor. A welcome pack was left which even though I didn't use was much appreciated ( I'd already shopped at Waitrose in Buxton)
I stayed 5 days and only ventured out on last day.
If like me you hate the cold this cottage is warm.
I love my own company and solitude, no noise, no lights.
This place really recharged my batteries.
Caroline and Mark were very helpful and friendly and are there should you have any questions. A perfect place for a solo woman.
Very reasonably priced one of the cheapest, but nicest cottages I've stayed in.
I always write reviews and encourage you to do the same as it's always helpful for others.

Derek B
West Sussex
“A real Jewel in the Crown, so glad to have found this beautiful romantic cottage!”
Reviewed October 3, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Situated on a working Farm in Flagg just a short walk (or even shorter drive) to the little village of Chelmorton this cottage is just perfect for a romantic break. Although part of the farm you are not overlooked in any way and the views out across the fields are unspoiled and amazing. The only onlookers you might get are the sheep and chickens that pass by the full length window and occasionally look in! Inside the cottage is well laid out and the owners have spared no expense in decorating it and furnishing it to a very high standard. They have thought of lots of little touches to make it as romantic as possible. WiFi is also available so you can still keep in touch with the outside world......if you want to? The bed is really comfortable and the kitchen equipped with pretty much everything you would need and the underfloor heating ensures a lovely temperature. If the weather permits there is a secluded patio area outside with chairs to sit and enjoy the sunsets however if the great British weather is against you, you can just stay inside, snuggle down and light the wood burner. The cottage is also ideally suited with some walks right on your doorstep and many others only a short drive away. The owners Mike and Caroline are extremely friendly and welcoming and on hand for any help and advice and they have thoughtfully written out some suggestions for local walks with guides and maps. A welcome pack was also very welcomed and eggs straight from the barn next door were about as fresh as you can get.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are already looking to see when we can return...for longer this time! So do we recommend this amazing place.......we certainly do, without any hesitation!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;