“The most fun I had in Costa Rica!”

San Luis Canopy Tour
Washington DC, District of Columbia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The most fun I had in Costa Rica!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The canopy tour was ridiculously fun and it’s up there on my list of coolest things I’ve ever done along with the bioluminescent bay in Puerto Rico and the helmet dive in Grand Cayman. Basically, you get to fly through the air through a rainforest so the actual ziplining is fun if you like mild adventure and the views are awesome.

If you decide to do the tour, a couple of things to note:
*There is a little bit of hiking involved so be prepared to walk - though not much. One of the ladies in my tour group struggled a bit, but everyone made it.
*There is one section of the ziplining where the tour guides bounce you up and down - if you have a bad back you should probably ask them not to bounce you.
* Definitely choose a tour that gives you the Tarzan swing and the Superman (and don't chicken out on the Tarzan swing), it's not as scary as it looks and it's worth it for the views.
* They recommend that you don't bring your own cameras as you could easily drop them and lose them forever so, of course, they offer you a CD for purchase at the end for $25. I went with the CD and was slightly disappointed that there are no views taken from the perspective of the zipliner because the views are the amazing part of the tour, but I'm still not sure it would have been better to bring my camera as I think I probably would have let it slip somewhere along the way.

In my opinion, this is a must do if you're in Costa Rica. For more info and a video of the day you can look here (though, as I mentioned, it doesn't do the experience justice since it doesn't include video from the perspective of the zipliner): http://www.catecosta.com/zipline-canopy-tour-costa-rica/

Visited May 2013
1 Thank CateLC

• Czech first
Seattle, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Flying high in San Luis”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at these zip lines. We were told that some of the zip lines were more like a theme park and they just shuttle you through, so we went with the recommendation of San Luis Canopy Tour based on the recommendation of our hotel host. Even though it was a super cloudy and rainy morning in the forest, we still had a wonderful time in our group of 8. Our guides were Olman and Pedro and they made us feel comfortable and made us laugh the whole time. Swinging on the Tarzan Swing was the highlight of our day. Looking down into the forest and clouds is something you just can't do everyday.

Cardiff, WALES
“San Luis Canopy Tour”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went on this today and had a superb time. The scenery is wonderful and you get to see it by flying above the trees on a wire. I didn't know in advance about the Tarzan swing & the "Superman" finish but they were great extras.
A really great day that I'll never forget, and probably suitable for all ages.
The team that took us around were great - very knowledgeable & plenty of laughs.

Visited December 2012
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great introduction to ziplining”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our two guides, Oldman and Hiram put us right at ease. Even though I'm not a fan of heights, flying along in the treetops wasn't scary at all. The Tarzan swing was really fun, and the Superman zipline at the end seemed to go on forever. It was really like soaring high above the valley. Though not the facility with the longest, highest or most ziplines, San Luis is a really fun experience. Our guides also brought binoculars and pointed out trogans and other colorful birds in the forest. The lunch afterward was delicious and the hummingbirds at the feeders were astonishingly beautiful. Great way to spend a few hours.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A blast and I still felt safe”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens) had a great first-time ziplining experience. We had two guides. One stayed with us on the platform, while the other waited on the other side. They were a lot fun, making jokes, and helping us feel relaxed. They encourage you to test your limits by putting you backwards on one of the shorter lines, telling you to let your hands go on another line, and finally, putting you in the "superman" harness for the last, longest line where you are harnessed on your back with your stomach is down, just as if you were superman.

I was scared to try ziplining, but after the first line, I was hooked! It is not scary, it is fun! You have the option to have a guy with a camera follow you on your ride to take pictures and some video. We did this and the pictures and videos came out great. In the middle of the course, you have the option of doing the tarzan swing. I opted out of that, but the rest of the group did it. My kids said that was pretty scary at first, but a real rush and ultimately, a lot of fun.

One of the coolest things was that it was very cloudy (It's location is in the cloud fores after all) so on some of the longer lines you couldn't actually see where the line ended. You were just riding through the clouds.

A couple of bits of caution: There is a lot of uphill walking on the trails to get to the different ziplines. While doable, it can be tiring. Be well hydrated, especially if you are traveling in the hot weather. And bring bug spray! My husband and son got some nasty mosquito-type bites.

This was such a fun experience and I highly recommend it for all ages. The youngest in our group was about 7 and the oldest was his grandfather. I can't wait to go ziplining again.

Visited September 2012