“Smelly Rooms”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totolan
USA
“Smelly Rooms”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Beginning in 2003, I have stayed at Olman's view many times, some times for several weeks, and the place always disappoints. Driver not available when I need ride to Tag, it rains and then toads bark all night, noisy parties, greedy owner/boss who sends the under-payed workers (who are quitting all the time) always chasing after me for paying "advance" so the workers can get some salary. My last and final time there was in December 2010, I lasted only two nights, the rooms are all getting moldy smells....enough is enough! Why I stayed there? I was going to Riverside, easy walk and doing projects there; fixing homes, taking kids to dentist in Tag.
PS: Do not touch the water heaters when taking a shower I got very back shock that almost almost ended my vacation extra quick.

Room Tip: Avoid hotel next door, the roosters crow all day and most of the night
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Happy_Traveler1001

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I happened to choose Olmans View owing to the customisation of the package I had requested. The resort is spread with a nice garden, dining area, swimming pool and a small small beach (accessible by some steep steps). This resort is located at the opposite end of all the other famous resorts in Panglao. Owing to this the place was very quiet and calm. 1 disadvantage was that the options for food were very very limited. Though there were some basic amentities that needed attention, we were given all the help at a single request we made to the staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Rooms were clean. No bugs! Maybe a small worm or two in c.r.(a little strange.) Comfortable beds. Staff was friendly but could use a little hospitality training. Took overnight to change showerhead and asking for towels for pool, a roll of toilet paper or even cleaning of the room(shouldn't even have to request that) seemed like major projects. Yes, fantastic view and definitely an adequate pool. But big rush to check out!! ( Many calls to the room and then it seemed the entire staff swarmed in on us for an eviction. Yes, I was a little guilty in taking my time packing late but only because I was sure our room was not about to be prepped for any waiting guests as this facility was no where near booked to capacity during our stay and of course upon check-out nobody was in the lobby checking in!! And of course they knew we had a boat to catch at 2:30. Only time my blood pressure soared. Staff seemed brilliant though when time to collect restaurant and room charges. Wi-fi should not even be advertised. Extremely slow. Regardless, I would recommend this quaint, little resort for your visit to Bohol and would return again. Tip -- Gather as many tourists as you can for the tour to keep the cost down. Great tour -- 11 persons-mini-van- well worth 500 pesos each.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 20, 2011

It is not what it looks like when we checked their site in the internet. The resort facilities are old and quite obsolete. The view over the sea may look good if you are not looking over the pier of Tagbilaran City. The resort is located in Panglao Island but in Dauis town where there's not good beaches. Good beaches in Panglao Island is located in Brgy. Tawala, or Bolod both in Panglao Town.

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay and not really too finicky about the place then Olman's Resort would be a place for you. There's nothing much to do in the resort except for using their swimming pool after your long trip to the scenery of Bohol province. They have WiFi which can be accessed at the lobby only. Food at their restaurant is quite expensive but you don't have any choice as there are no other place to eat in the vicinity. You'll need to get a taxi ride to Tagbilaran City to eat good food.

I found out that many Caucasians stay there for the reason that it has good advertising over the net and like I said it's quite cheap. But if you like good access to the beach better try your luck going to Tawala and find a better deal with about the same rate as with Olman's.

Plus factor is that they have a very good receptionist who also acts as a concierge and speaks good english. She can also arrange local tours at a reasonable price. The resort needs major-major facelift to make it attractive.

Negative factor don't use credit card in paying your bills as they charge an additional 7% charges from the total bill. This is illegal as per DTI ruling I don't know if they know it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Totolan hotels

Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed February 24, 2011

While visiting the Philippines over the Christmas holidays, my Fiance and I took a last-minute trip to Bohol. We found Olman's View Resort to have reasonable rates so we made our last minute reservations and started our trip. We did arrive a day late, the front desk was more than understanding and adjusted our arrival/departure dates to fit our new schedule. Our room was very clean and comfortable. I think the only complaint we had was that the water heater serving our area at the resort needed some "persuasion" to work at times.. when we needed hot water and it was not available, we just called the front desk and in a short time we had all we needed. The resort had a very nice pool, food was quite good and the staff was exceptional. we took a boat ride in the resort's boat and the charge was a fraction of what I expected. The staff will cater to whatever activity in the area we were interested in as well as tours. all the prices where very affordable. If we wanted a nice quiet romantic evening or even karaoke, the staff was eager to please.
How well did we like our experience? We will be returning in May for three weeks for our honeymoon!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AZBrye
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The view in Olmans is great and I love the location. They have a nice pool there too. The service is good and the food is too. The rooms are clean and they have nice trips to see tourist sites. I definitely suggest that you go here if you visit Bohol.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Cheekita12
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Really good enjoyed every bit of it. Service is great, love the view and the pool. Very accommodating for your needs.
Definitely a must-go for any Bohol traveler.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank potter12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Totolan
Bohol Sea Resort
#11 of 13 in Panglao
Veraneante Resort
Veraneante Resort
#22 of 48 in Panglao Island

Been to Olman's View Resort? Share your experiences!