Stevenson's has a great location with the fales right on the beach only a couple of steps from the water at hide tide. The fales are simple but comfortable and as opposed to other fales on Manase they do have their own en-suite which makes them a touch above the rest. The beds are comfy, they have mosquito nets (critical) and all the amenities. Beware though that they are the typical fale style accommodation: completely open air though you can bring down some sort of blinds that are made of banana leaves that provide a bit of privacy. The en-suites are very useful to lock in all your belongings so they are safe. You sleep with the sound of the waves and the beach in front of it is pretty. The food they serve is also very tasty though you have to order it in advance. As there are not a lot of choices in Manase it is quite a good idea. The staff were also very helpful (they even invited me to their village as I was on my own) and helped with everything they could even waiting for the bus with me so I wouldn't be alone. The trip to the ferry by bus is 1.20-30 minutes so bear this in mind if you plan to take public transportation. Taxi was 70 tala.
Perhaps the only draw back is that it was quite expensive. For sleeping with only a roof in a simple hut the price ($160-200) is a bit steep. I would nonetheless recommend them for the real fale experience with a little bit of comfort. It was a lovely experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the white sandy beaches of Manase, on the Island of Savaii. Our Villas, Suites and Euro Fales are just steps to the ocean’s edge and our restaurant, bar and function fale are situated within the tropical garden on the inland side of our property. With so many options, you're sure to find something that meets your needs and budget. Traditional materials are used throughout the resort to create a rustic appeal in our Villas, Euro Fales and the Restaurant. Stevenson’s Luxury Suites have modern samoan decor, using bright colours fused with old-world Samoan carvings, tapa designs and exquisite lava rock. Stevensons is the ideal spot for honeymooners and those seeking peace and quiet – swim or snorkel in the cool, clear blue water or simply relax on the beautiful white sandy beach and listen to the gently lapping waves. Simply paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Stevenson's at Manase reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stevenson`s At Manase Hotel Manase
- Stevensons At Manase Hotel