Playa Tropical Resort Hotel is a beautiful resort in Currimao, Ilocos Norte. I immediately fell in love with its Bali inspired design. Upon check in, I was greeted by the receptionists who were very friendly and helpful.
Room 212 was given to me which is big enough for a couple. The queen-sized bed was very comfortable, the shower heats up fast, lighting is just perfect.
Although it is a beach resort, the beach wasn't swimmable when I visited because the waves were very strong. Good thing is that it has a big pool which is facing the beach.
I love that they provide a free 45 minute massage. I would suggest though that they add more masseuse based on their expected guests for the day. I had my massage the following day at a specific time only because all the masseuse were already fully booked. Bang, my masseuse, gave me the Solana signature massage. She was strong and really good!
Internet connection is only in the lobby and in the resto. If you have a Globe tattoo, you're lucky because the signal is pretty good in the resort.
The hotel restaurant, Amarra Cafe, was very disappointing. Been in the dining area for five minutes already, they even saw me enter, but no one came to me to offer the menu. Had to call their attention first before they notice me. This is despite the fact that I was the only guest at that time and there were several of them. They were too busy chatting with each other. When it was time to order, there were only a few choices in the menu. The waitress who served me barely know the dishes in the resto. I ordered sinigang na isda but they don't have fish so I changed it to binagoongang baboy, unfortunately they don't have bagoong. Very disappointing. It's a good thing that their food tastes good. I loved the ginataang pinakbet and sizzling pork chop. I also ordered tinolang manok which I wish had more ginger and had malunggay or dahon ng sili. Serving was generous. Each dish is good for 2-3 persons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Tropical Resort Hotel is located at Currimao, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. It is aesthetically inspired by the intricate designs from Bali and infused with our Ilocano hospitality. Your stay would be one of warm service, tranquility and fond memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Playa Tropical Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Tropical Hotel Ilocos Norte
- Playa Tropical Resort Hotel Currimao, Ilocos Norte Province