“Beautiful Architecture”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Currimao
Quezon City, Philippines
“Beautiful Architecture”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just went here for a night swim. Its very close to where my Tito lives that's where we are staying. I love the resort's architecture. It's Balinese, I think. Not much to say about their service since I didn't stay there long enough. All I can say is the resort is pretty.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kastiel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I loved this resort. The rooms were air-conditioned, with comfortable beds at very reasonable prices. Mine also included breakfast which was a bonus. The menu is limited but fulfilled my needs.

Away from the busy tourist centers, this resort is ideal for someone looking to relax, swim in the sea, walk on the beach or meditate. The massage therapist I had was excellent (JLo).

Room Tip: Try the cottages if traveling with a group as they are cute and private.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Judelupu
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and was very impressed with staff service and room was cleaned!
We also attended a wedding reception and the resort did a good job on settings, service and food was very good!
Will defintely reccomend this resort to friends and family!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Yenj28
Manila
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My family and i stayed here for 2 nights.The pictures on the/their site(s) looked so inviting and attractive that im so excited to bring my family here..I was expecting more coz of the rates and the pictures that i saw.When we got here.yes,the place/surroundings is nice not until we went to our rooms(booked 4 rooms).The rooms need maintenance.What we hate most was that it has a lot of mosquitoes!Even if the premier room was sprayed,my boyfriend had to cover his face with a cloth so as not to be bitten when he's asleep.coz you can really see the mosquitoes hovering.we're too tired from the tours to kill every mosquito that we see.Cr/bathroom is bit dim.The game room looks old and also a bit dim.felt gloomy inside.Food and service was okay.The free massage for every rooms,we didnt get coz they said that the spa is upto 5 pm and there's only 2 masseuse.Overall,for me,I wont stay here again.Its enough to experience the place once.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Lyka J
Quezon city
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Hi to all the readers,

My name is Mon Manotok. Before having my own resort in Pagudpud Ilocos Norte, I would travel by land from manila to Pagudpud 10-12 hours each way. I would sometimes make a stopover in between my destination to sleep overnight since the trip was pretty long. I would always look forward in staying at PLAYA TROPICAL.

The Resort rates is very reasonable

Rooms were clean and comfy!

The overall ambiance and look of the resort is really really nice. This family poured money into developing this resort. No cutting corners. I would claim that it is the nicest resort in the area or even the whole province of Ilocos Norte. It’s definitely much nicer than mine LOL.

During that time that I used to go, they were just starting and most of the staff was still under-going training but overall I was happy with the service they provided me.

Since I was a tourist and I had my own car I would normally have breakfast in the resort and would go out for lunch and explore the different food the province has to offer. Of course my favorite breakfast in the resort was the Longanissa.

This resort left a very good impression on me that I even brought a few friends and relatives from manila to stay at this resort.

I haven’t had a chance to visit because I have been busy but if ever I do get a chance to go on a break. I would still book with this resort and would still recommend it.

The beach is not my favorite but the resort has nothing to do with the beach. We are supposed to rate the resort and nothing more. As far as the resort is concern it’s still on the very top of my list to revisit!

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Street_Smart_mlm
Bacolod, Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed April 13, 2012

An overnight stay @ Playa for our faculty educational tour is a wonderful experience. We enjoyed the scenic view . Staff are accommodating and even extend the swimming time for the kids to enjoy the infinity pool. It's a great experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jaycee1970
Sta. Rosa
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed a days before holy week, there were a few people in the resort (I guessed we were lucky).

Room was average, a ref would be a welcome addition. Breakfast was ok, servings on the second day was better than the previous day.

Enjoyed the free massage and the quiet, relaxing ambience. Plus the great service we recieved from their staff. Will surely be back (if I can endure the 12hr drive again).

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Ronald_MGE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Currimao
Rivermount Hotel and Resort
#12 of 12 in Laoag
Laoag Renzo Hotel
Laoag Renzo Hotel
#2 of 12 in Laoag

Been to Playa Tropical Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!