All reviews cricket field large car park evening meal small river ground floor beer garden main road twin room lovely location visiting cirencester friendly hotel one night stay the pub full english waiting staff lovely room both nights
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed for one night as I was attending a friends birthday locally.

At £130 for a small double room on a B&B basis I had reasonable expectations for the accommodation and breakfast.

The welcome was OK but a little cold. The room was clean but a little basic. You could see that some improvements have been made to the Inn but generally the room felt tired and some of the fixtures and fittings were old and worn.

When we arrived back at the Inn we went to the Bar and ordered our night cap drinks only to be told that we had 10 minutes to drink up as the bar was closing .....it was only 11.15pm !!

The worst aspect of the visit was the breakfast. The buffet was poorly stocked with some of the menu items missing and there was only one hot breakfast option. When our order was eventually taken and the food arrived the portion was small and the food bland.

Considering the price they charged and the service we received I won't unfortunately be going back

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Crownof C, Manager at The Crown of Crucis Country Inn and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations, we do try our best to provide excellent customer service to all guests.

We do hope you will return again.

Kind Regards

Jon Calvert
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Party of four went for a pub lunch. Food better suited to town centre micro wave outfit than what on first appearances appeared to be a top class gastro place. Homemade fish pie was full of tasteless liquid. Ham with the ham and eggs again tasteless. Scampy just the standard deep fried frozen stuff.
Disappointing.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank LYNDON01

Thank you for your review, I am sorry you felt the food you received was not acceptable, the dishes you ordered are our most popular at lunch time and we always receive positive feedback.

I would also like to assure all other visitors that we are not a microwave establishment and we find these comments totally unfair and disrespectful.

Jon Calvert
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here on Sunday and decided to try something other than our usual roast. I had rib eye steak which was possibly the worst ever. It was extremely thin and lacked any flavour - tasted like it had been bought from a cut price supermarket. The rest of the party had ham, egg and chips which was OK albeit the eggs were overcooked. Another eating place crossed off our list !

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Jan C
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

This is the 10th time me and my son have stayed at the Crown. Rooms nice size comfortable beds. Always cleaned to a good standard. Staff friendly and professional. Good menu which changes. Good selection of ales and wine's. Large car park. Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. Nice garden with outside catering.
I have always thanked the staff for looking after us

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, Well worth the money and loved my starter....unusual but great....the only thing that let them down was the waitress, she took my knife and fork away to replace with a dinner set and I ended up keeping my starter cutlery to eat my main meal, asked for a couple of drinks and the dessert menu, got drinks but no
Menu. But all round good quality meals.

Trip type: Traveled with friends