“Bully of Car Park Attendant”

Cenarth Falls and Car Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Cenarth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cenarth Falls is a natural beauty spot. The falls range from quiet and peaceful when the river is low, to an impressive force of nature when the river is in full flood. It is never the same. There is a Car Park at the Falls. Parking is £2.50 per car for all day parking (9am - 6pm). Please be careful near the Falls themselves as the rocks are slippery and uneven, and the water is dangerous.
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Bully of Car Park Attendant”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The falls themselves!! Lovely!! Cenarth is a pretty little village!! The ONLY let down is the aggressive attitude of the car park attendant! REALLY lets the place down. Pulled into car park as was told "£2.50 boy!"
Now I am not a boy by any standards!!
When I said "I'll park up and come back to you" I was told "No! You will pay now" even before I could explain that my wallet was in my back pocket and I had no change on me and it would be awkward to get at!!!

There is only one way in and out so it's not as if I could get away from not paying.

Not liking this attitude I turned the car around and went to drive out but to have him stand in front of my car in what could be described trying to stop from exiting! I drove around him and I heard "English *anker! " Regardless that I am Welsh, it shouldn't matter what race or creed people are that want to visit the area. It also didn't seem to bother him that there were children and women in the car with me.

We then drove across the bridge and turned right at the White Hart pub and found a small car park near the edge of the village on the left and we walked back to the car park and the falls.

He did not even look at us when we passed. Doubtfully out of shame but suspected that I was equal size to him and a lot younger and not so vunerable as when sitting in a car.

While the family were at the falls I asked around who owned the car park, authority or private as I wanted to put in a complaint. I was hit with a wall of silence! I have god reason that this man (?) has a habit of upsetting people!!

The village is lovely,the falls are pretty,the lady in the Post Office is really nice but DON'T pay for the car park!! If it is privately owned then this man should learn some customer services or be put out of business!!!

Visited June 2013
21 Thank Aeron H

Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pretty but not much to do”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Parking a little expensive at £2.50 per car. Falls were very picturesque, as was the bridge. You can go out across the river on tidal rocks which my girls had great fun with, but that is as far as it goes. You can walk the trail a little further along the Teifi but there is not much to do other than spend money in the tourist trap gift shop.

1 Thank Tony S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A hidden jewel.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have visited the falls on numerous occasions and thought it time to leave a review. We always visit as part of a coach tour group so only have about 45mins there. As mentioned in a previous review the water is pretty low in summertime but it is an excellent sight in the wet season. The Salmon Leap cafe serves nice refreshments so we always manage a quick cuppa and cake at reasonable prices. I would recommend.

1 Thank jim c
Wirral, United Kingdom
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Small but still impressive”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The really good part about Cenarth falls is that it is easily accessible and you don't have to trek for miles slithering and sliding like you do to access many other falls. Right in the heart of the village with a car park alongside, I found this really convenient and at a car parking cost of £2.50, by today's standards this seemed reasonable. A short walk across the bridge took me to the Coracle Museum and Mill and I rounded off my visit to Cenarth Falls with an enjoyable lunch at the Tea Rooms next to the museum.
Not the largest or most spectacular falls but well worth a couple of hours visit.

hereford
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“pretty little town”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

good fun place to visit with family you can park for free if you go over the bridge and turn right.When the river is high i am sure the falls would be even more impressive .