“STUNNING SETTING & IMMACULATE SURROUNDINGS”
Review of Portavadie

Portavadie
Ranked #1 of 1 Portavadie B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at Tighnamara (Couple's Retreat) lodge at Portavadie Marina and could not fault it. Tighnamara is located round the bay from the main marina and is very secluded, with stunning views onto the loch. The surrounding area has great woodland and shore walks and as you can imagine, every view is breath-taking. We did have to relocate to the main marina as we would have been snow-bound on our final day, but the staff at the marina could not have been more helpful. Some of the accommodation is dog-friendly - we took our cocker spaniel and he had a ball. The freshness of the air makes it very easy to sleep!

Room Tip: If you have a dog and are a couple on their own without family, then Tignamara is the place, or if y...
2  Thank KJ-jetset
Jennifer M, Public Relations Manager at Portavadie, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear KJ-jetset,

Thank you for leaving a review on Tighnamara, I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay here, despite the snow. Tighnamara is a perfect spot to cosy down in though. I will pass your thanks on to the team for making your stay as comfortable as possible. As well as Tighnamara and the Studio Apartments our Cottages are also pet friendly and are perfect for families, with two bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the best and thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Portavadie

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just had the most relaxing, peaceful, tranquil break in first class accomodation with beautiful views. The luxury apartment lived up to its title, with everything you need supplied. Decor and attention to detail were amazing. Sauna bliss and the views of marina and surrounding islands are lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful - a credit to the resort. I will recommend portavadie marina to anyone who is looking for a holiday away from the everyday bustles and noises. Just one thing people may have to adjust to is that you may not get phone signal or be able to connect to wifi, although access is provided. But you will survive without it and might actually appreciate not being on the end of a phone 24/7. (there is a landline phone in apartment should you have withdrawal symptoms). Thank you portavadie marina for a great breakaway! I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank luckyldy1

Dear Luckyldy1,

Thank you for a wonderful review on our Luxury Apartments. I am thrilled you found them every bit as luxurious as we hoped, the views are just stunning. Your difficulties in receiving phone signal only add to the experience, it is good to cut yourself off every once in a while, and like you said get away from the bustle of everyday life.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

My Best Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in the lodges for the weekend with another 2 couples. Great value for money and food was lovely. Would highly recommend it for a lovely break. We have also stayed jn the lodges with our 2 children and it's great value for a family of 4. The continental breakfast was good and enjoyed by us all. Can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Public Relations Manager at Portavadie, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Jill,

Thank you for your brilliant review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in The Lodge and noticed its inclusive offering for groups of friends, families, couples or individuals. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed overnight in an ordinary apartment in the lodge. It was of a good standard, very clean and warm which was needed as the weather was very cold. Dinner, which was a Valentine's meal in the restaurant, was excellent with plenty of choice. The fish dishes were particularly good. The restaurant is very modern and pleasing and the service was very attentive. The cheese board which I ordered had cheese that was perfectly fine but wasn't to my taste. I was offered an alternative which I declined and without requesting it, the dessert course was deducted from the bill. All in all the customer service was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear evacat,

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our Studio Apartments over the Valentines week and enjoyed the special menu we had on for it. I am pleased to hear that the team looked after you and offered an alternative for the cheese board which did not suit. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

All I am going to say is, I don't want to share it with anyone. I want to keep it all to myself so I don't want anyone to know about the wonderful apartments, fantastic food and really friendly staff. Oh no, I just have, haven't I.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Elaine,

Thank you for such a lovely and honest review. I would keep it a secret for you but then I would not be doing my job. I am thrilled you had a wonderful time here and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our second visit to Portavadie and although the weather was kinder we can't complain. We stayed in the same executive apartment which is of a sensational standard. Anne had booked the restaurant for us for Saturday night and again on Sunday morning. The food and service was lovely. We also ate in the Lodge restaurant on Sunday evening and although it is more utilitarian the food and service are identical.
Slightly perplexed with the fact that the on site shop failed to give me change on two occasions but I was not feeling so great and will be sure to clarify this if we visit again. Overall this is a superb facility which will grow from strength to strength . Highly recommended for a get away from it all break.

Room Tip: I would tell you but then I might not be able to book it when I want to, so you will need to find ou...

Dear Dalethedog,

Thank you for your great review of the marina and our team, it is much appreciated. On the note of your perplexities, I will pass on the problems you encountered in the shop with the Shop Manager and make sure this does not happen again. I am glad you enjoyed eating in both the Marina Restaurant and in The Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We decided to 'go for a drive' for my husband's birthday treat, and found ourselves at the lodge when seeking somewhere for a coffee mid-afternoon. It was a freezing but dry day, and the feeling of welcome and homeliness as soon as we came in was brilliant. We settled to watch the rugby on the extremely comfortable leather sofas, with our soup and sandwhich, and, as we were so relaxed we were almost falling asleep, we decided we would rather stay here for dinner and a relaxing evening, than drive home. All was superb, from friendly helpful staff to clean comfortable warm environment, and excellent food and drink.
Only things I would inprove would be quality of orange juice for breakfast, and more importantly, either to provide shower cap, or ideally make the shower head adjustable in height, as for short people with long hair that they don't want to get wet, the present artrangement is useless. (Sits at about 6'6'' or more!)
We felt this was a real find and would definitely recommend it / come back.

Dear Hilaryg55,

I am so pleased to hear after visiting for a coffee you felt so at home to stay over. This is exactly the ethos of Portavadie and in particular The Lodge. I am glad you had a lovely surprise stay and I will put your recommendations forward to the General Manager Iain and the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

My best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portavadie
Auchrannie Resort
#1 of 1 in Kilfinan
Colintraive Hotel
Colintraive Hotel
#1 of 1 in Colintraive

Been to Portavadie? Share your experiences!