See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2017

The hotel is averagely good. Thing floor will makes you difficult to rest if someone walks on second floor. There is a microwaives, coffee, teapot and fridge in the kitchen if you came later. The hotel is averagely good.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2017

I booked this hotel online, 2 Nights, Room with kitchenette, non smoking. Guaranteed with credit card. Web site asked arrival time I said 1800 hrs.When I arrived they said the website was not correct when I booked there was only one room left, a 1 bed smoking room. No coffee maker just basic. I replied I do not want this room and not what I booked and guaranteed. They said we can cancel at no charge. My reply I am sure everything is booked from here to Matane. They said for sure was nothing local. I had no choice but to sleep in the car or drive 3 hours to Matane.

The room was really not so bad but the cigarette smell was so strong. I canceled the next day and did drive to Matane, cut my stay short in the Gaspe.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank Rob K
Auberge_Le_Caribou, Propriétaire at Auberge Le Caribou, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Mr. Robert Laking, we have spoken with you before your arrival to let you know that a mix up occured with your reservation. We have tried to find the best solution for your situation. We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. All our employees work hard to give the best experience to our customers.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheap yet clean inn/motel this is the place for you , like other reviews the staff are very friendly. You can hear everything in the rooms next to you and all the people at the tavern attached to the Inn. You are no where near the downtown and It is not scenic. I was awakened every hour with drunks leaving the bar and with what ever people were doing in the rooms next to me. I was able to change hotels the next day. In fairness I was there for business and not on vacation, not a good location for families.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

We had a room with a kitchenette. Strange set up as there were 2 sinks side by side. 1 was for the bathroom as there was no sink in there, and 1 was the kitchen sink. the fridge was under the cook top, never seen that before !! The bathroom was just so small you had to step out to dry yourself.
The Room was large with plenty of room for 2 suitcases. The bed was a bit hard, but ok, and the pillows were mushy and not supportive. The tv is not a flat screen, but really i don't mind if they don't even have one, as were were out all day hiking anyway.
We went to reception to get some glasses as there weren't any in the room, no probs, they were happy to oblige.
Its on the main road , but noise wasn't any problem,as the rooms closer the the restaurant end are back from the road. Its an old place as is just about everything up here. There doesn't seem to be anything new or newish. For such a big tourist region this seems odd.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mylène C, Propriétaire at Auberge Le Caribou, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We offer different room type and yours was in the older section of your propriety. However, we have now flat screen in all of our rooms, new tv system and we are continually doing renovations. Sincerely.

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Great location; clean room; avoid eating in the restaurant - 1 1/2 hours to be served a pizza and salad; good breakfast, although it was supposed to be free- they made the effort to give us vouchers to cover part of the cost. 'Auberge' feels more like a motel... 'Mauberge' ?

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you Martha for sharing your experience. Your comments will be shared internally and will help us only to improve. Thank you