“great staff, fantastic food”
Review of The Windmill

The Windmill
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Windlesham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Ascot, United Kingdom
“great staff, fantastic food”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Truly great in every way! The staff make up so much of the experience and at windmill they have nailed it. The pub was incredibly busy which gave the place a good buzz, this is in my opinion the make or break for me.. there is nothing worse than an empty restaurant! The host was calm and had a smile on his face which put us at ease. The service speed wasn't great but we didn't mind as the manager had kept us well informed throughout. The food is what you would expect from an upmarket gastro pub and more. I ordered from the choice menu, I was amazed by the portion size and the quality. My wife ordered from the normal menu and took advantage of the specials.. I will upload the picture as the special fish was by far the best looking dish I have ever seen. In short we will definitely be returning soon

• Visited November 2012

“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This looked to be the perfect stop for a meal after work. On arrival the interior was welcoming and attractive. The service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. As the night went on the pub became full and there was a nice ambience. I had haddock and chips, my friend had a pasta dish. The fish was nice, chips even nicer and the tartae sauce was delicious - all tasting very fresh. My friend enjoyed her pasta but it could have been presented better. We both went for puddings, which were nice but slightly disappointing for pudding fans. I was suprised by the other reviews but would go back again to The Windmill based on my own experiences.

• Visited November 2012
Windlesham, United Kingdom
“slow and not great”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

a very busy lunchtime....seemed to be not enough staff serving.the food took ages to come,and the pasta was thick and stodgy..and seemed to have been doused in tomato puree and looked like it had congeled and been standing around long time....not impressed this time windmill.had to rush off too as it took soo long.

London, United Kingdom
“Bungalow-on-the-junction”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went to the Windmill on a Wednesday evening and was very surprised to see how busy it was, we were lucky to find a table. A friend of a friend had recommended the place for its pizza and although the menu was enticing I had to see how the pizza measured up. I went for the prawn and courgette pizza and was a bit disappointed. Although the prawns weren’t small in size they weren’t large either and I don’t think they were generous enough with the toppings. The tomato base tasted like it had come out of a tin and the base was slightly above mediocre at best. A good atmosphere, good service and well-priced it wasn’t a complete let down but I certainly won’t be taking recommendations from my friend’s friend again. Should have tried something else on the menu.

• Visited October 2012
“Slow service and food not great”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went in for the first time last night. The pub was packed but we put our name down for a table as we were told that someone would be leaving a table soon. We went to the bar and got a drink.
1 hour later, we still had not been called for our table so we went over to the desk and then got shown to a table.
We waited ages for someone to come and take out order but once ordered, it arrived pretty quick.
The food was a bit of a let down. The steak had no flavour and my pasta was a bit tasteless too.
I wouldn't rush to go again.

1 Thank Clairennadia