“Great Eatery, but still "kind of" a secret!”
Review of Sermet's Courtyard

Sermet's Courtyard
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sermet's Courtyard offers a delicious Mediterranean cuisine including fresh, local catch, humanely treated antibiotic-free beef, seasonal produce, locally made pasta, and a full bountiful bar including a vast wine menu. We are located 1 block from the Wando Riverfront, less than 1/2 mile from the Family Circle Tennis Stadium, and within 1 mile to Blackbaud Soccer Stadium. Take Rt. 526 to exit #24-Daniel Island, to River Landing Drive.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Always get great meals here! Since I live nearby, I cannot specify since everything is all very delicious! The secret is starting to get out, so Sermet's is filling up faster now (which makes me kind of sad).... Great outdoor space! Friendly, friendly restaurant.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Previously we were big fans of Sermet's downtown location...then it changed. White table cloths and chair covers indicated that the casual place we had enjoyed was indeed different. Not just the ambiance but really everything went down a notch or two. Then we discovered Sermet's other location on Daniel Island. It's great, everything the downtown location used to be and more. We've been several times and whether eating inside by the fireplace on a chilly evening, or out in the courtyard during the pleasant warm months, we've had nothing but good experiences. Service is excellent. Food is consistently good. Wine list fairly extensive. We always enjoy talking to Sermet himself who is usually there. One night we got into a discussion about peri-peri peppers and the next thing we knew, he brought us a cupful of these sweet/spicy delights to take home with us! Very nice. Sermet is also an artist. Check out his paintings adorning the walls just as they did in the downtown location. I believe Sermet has severed his association with the original eatery. No wonder. Sermet's Courtyard is a recreation of what used to attract us to King Street but with a more picturesque setting and easier parking!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our friends live on Daniel Island (South Carolina) and Sermet's is a favorite of theirs so they took us for dinner on the last night of our visit. The parmesan/basil crusted salmon was prepared perfectly and was served with creamy, cheesy mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies. All delicious. The meal started with warm, crusty bread with a dipping sauce made from sun-dried tomatoes and herbs and oil. Very good. The atmosphere is relaxing and the owner, Sermet, stopped by the tables to visit with the diners. He is an artist and his paintings are displayed on the walls. Our friends told us he doesn't like to sell them but has, on occasion, given them away. So stop in and try the flavors of the Mediterranean.

1  Thank whereintheworld2
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This lovely restaurant is tucked out of the way on Daniel Island. Yes, it does have a courtyard which is the perfect place for a drink after work. The meal started with hot bread and a delicious oil with spices. I had the shrimp polenta and truly wanted to lick the plate. It was that good. The thyme cream sauce perfectly complemented the shrimp. The peppers were not too hot. A truly fantastic spin on shrimp and grits (with the polenta subbing for the grits). For dessert we had a slice of the tres leches coconut cake. We had to wait a bit while Sermet toasted the coconut. Well worth it! So moist and not overpowered with coconut. I can't wait to return to Charleston to come back here. Our server was friendly and super attentive.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Well, obviously Chef Sermet does. The restaurant is intimate and quite, but still there is that quite buzz of happy diners enjoying divine cuisine. Nestled below the large old oak trees, Sermet has come to Daniel Island and brought his culinary magic.The fresh bread and a wonderful olive oil concoction started the evening off just right. Then that was followed with calamari like I have never had it - served with warm spinach, seasoned with lemon and other gastronomic delights. One daughter had seared scallops with coconut risotto, my other daughter had a salad with seared grouper, and I had swordfish cooked just right sitting atop a bed of pureed cauliflower and bacon with sugar snaps. None of us were disappointed in our meals.We did not have room for desserts, not that we felt too full, it was more a feeling of satiation and satisfaction. (The list sounded so tempting.) Oh, and the service equaled the food. Yes, I want to go back and I plan to with friends. I eat out a lot, and am fairly judgmental about the fare and the service, I found NO issue with Sermets at all.

1  Thank ACW2243