“You will not be disappointed.”

Swiss Valley Hip Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Suan Phueng
Bangkok
“You will not be disappointed.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this resort. The accommodation was very spacious. There were many beautiful photo spots. The compound was very large. The garden was extremely well kept and looked after. We were very impressed by the manner of all staff as they really made us feel welcome and important. My nephews loved feeding the sheep, the coy carps and the swans. My parents loved their leisure stroll every morning and evening. My brother and sister spent their afternoons dipping in the swimming pool surrounded by mountains. On a different note, the choice at breakfast was quite limited compared with many hotels. There was no signage to the resort until we got quite close. Thanks to Garmin we got there just fine. I have no problem recommending this resort to anyone. We really had a great time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Phuket
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very big resort with worldclass gardening. Beautiful landscapes and a perfect getaway for Romantic Couples or a family. You would not believe that you are in Thailand if you stay in this resort.

Bungalows are very nice designed although they have a slightly "kitch" attitude. Like everything near Suan Phueng its catered to Thai (Asian) people but very interesting for westerners which are looking for a different experience in Thailand.

A real 5 star Resort with very professionell and friendly staff, although with very limited english language abilities.

Free Wifi. quite slow but workable, free Minibar (Soft Drinks), free Pony Riding (just 2 minutes) and plenty of photo possibilities. Restaurant is ok, but very expensive for the region.

Own car is a must have if you want to stay longer than 2 nights. Otherwise its getting too boring.

All in all very unusual Resort which should be discovered.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Thailife
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This resort exceeded my expectations in many ways. I'm from Thailand so I know what to expect for the price but this place blew me away the moment I drove in. The resort consists of various types of cottages and all of them look beautiful from the outside. My girlfriend and I stayed in the "Chardonnay" cottage which was gorgeous. The resort's scenery was absolutely breathtaking. The staff were amazing, everyone was friendly and helpful.

Here are the cons of the resort:
1.) My girlfriend was "kicked" by a resort's farm horse from behind. Luckily, she had just a minor injury. We didn't make a big deal out of it because she approached the horse from behind which was a bad idea. However, we didn't receive any complimentary as we didn't really request it. Also, there were any warning signs that the horses can be dangerous.

2.) This definitely is not the resort's fault but the town itself was deserted and boring during the off-season. Almost everything was shut down so it might be a good idea to visit on a high season (around Nov. to Feb.). However, if you're only looking for an overnight stay the resort itself has plenty of activities to do for a day.

3.) This is just my assumption: We drove for 3 hours from Bangkok to Suan Phueng and the resort was also a bit difficult to find. I assume that it would be a pain for foreigners without a car to get to this town.

Overall, we had a great time there and would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chardonnay which was amazing but from the look outside, all the cottages should be...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank anuwat1303
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I found this resort via tripadvisor and decided to go there after reading the extremely detailed and informative review of the previous reviewer.

Overall the trip was amazing, staff was helpful and courteous but most of the staff doesnt understand any english, so communicating was a problem. I booked via email without any deposit so that was hassle free.

The resort is serene beautiful and a perfect getaway from Bangkok. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nsoin
Hong Kong
Reviewed May 28, 2011

We found out this place from an article in a HK magazine's travel section. At first I was very reluctant to go given the location (3hr ride from Bangkok airport!) and not exactly sure what is there to do there or why even bother, but my wife was totaly mesmerized by the photos and introduction on the website, and given we wanted to try something new (other than the usual shopping /spa in Bangkok) we decided to give it a try. And well, I'd have to say I am very impressed by this hidden gem. Not much reviews out there on this place so I'll try give in my part as much as I can.

Lengh of Stay: 3 nights
1 night at Pinot Noir (#10), 2 nights at Riesling (#6)

Location:
Let's start off with the bad part first. This place is far away from Bangkok airport! 3 hr ride (assuming your driver knows the direction). But I guess if not that far, you won't find the kind of tranquility and serenity away from the buzzling city and try enjoy some fresh air close to nature and enjoy a peaceful simple vacation, which is what resorts are for!

Service:
I am absolutely impressed by how great of a training management did in training up their staff to such high well mannerd/friendly/helpful service oriented attitude.
Every single one of them exhibited high standards and discipline enjoying their role with respect and of course a friendly smile on their face. From the guards, the drivers (go-karts), receptionists, cleaners, waitress etc, all are readily available at your service and super friendly. My initial guess was that the owner must be Japanese given the high service level, but in fact he should be Thai. Nevertheless I am impressed by the service.
However, I do need to clarify, the only thing is not too many of them can speak English, so despite the positive attitude, some might find the 'service' not up to standard as they might not get what you want.

Meals:
Lets start with breakfast. First day it was breakfast buffet, the standard stuff, not too bad not fantastic either but good enough I'd say. Given there are less than 15 cottages there I think they find the buffet a bit of a waste (as in not too many ppl but too much food preparation). On our next few days, they actually deliver breakfast right to our place at the time we wanted! We had it in our room but you can enjoy it on your rooftop or porch, which can be a great way to start your day.

As for lunch/dinner, the Fish n Chips restaurant is not too bad. I'd have to say initially I find it disappointing, but once again given this is no big international hotel the food menu is understandably a bit limited. The pasta taste great and so does the Tom Yum Gong and pineapple rice. My other complaint though is there is no Englihs translation on the Thai menu, otherwise we would love to try out their local authentic dishes.

Rooms/Cottages:
Pinot Noir (#10)
Nice place next to the lover's bridge with a great view facing the slope towards the swimming pool as well as the plane/golf view. We loved the paintings on the wall. Don't miss the view from the roof top

Riesling (#6)
A relatively smaller place but we enjoyed it a lot. Simple layout but still nicely decorated and designed.

All rooms have 2 TVs with aircon and DVD player etc. All snacks/drinks in the fridge are complimentary (for the day, need next day for refill). Bathrooms are big! and all very clean and roomy and warmly decorated. Whoever designed/decorated these I'd have to say did a fantastic job. Each cottages have their own charm and we'd love to try the other ones next time. And yes, my complaint would be there are close to none English speaking channels on TV.

The other thing is the doors are locked by a physical lock! This is cute but then if one of you wants to go out while the other wants to take a nap, then you must decide on whether to lock the person inside, or leave the door unlocked and have the person inside lock it instead.

Landscape:
I loved the way the whole place is designed and landscaped. With little slopes and bridges/walkways leading to different parts, you can tell they spent some good money and time designing this. The place is spacious but yet not too big so you can walk around the complex at ease. What's more is that you can give them a ring and a golf cart will be right at your door to take you to whereever you want. But of course we prefer to stroll around the area

Photospots:
Yes we love taking photos and that's why we picked this place. First time we drove into the place we were amazed and impressed at how nicely designed/decorated this place is with so many places for lovers to take photos! For photo lovers, just make sure you come prepared with your camera and enough memory storage space as this place is awesome!

Activities/facilities:
Given this is a small resort out of nowhere it is quite important to provide activities for their guests otherwise it can be quite boring. Apart from the various gorgeous photospots which might occupy you all day, there are some key activities we tried below for your reference.

Sheep feeding: Yes, that's why we came as my wife loves this. They sheeps are clean and hungry. Quite fun having them chase you around as you feed them and you can cuddle baby lambs for photos and all. Very interesting experience and great photo opportunities as well

Horse riding: Right by the pasture you can also ride a horse, take photos, and basicaly they just walk you around the windmill for some nice photoshots, nothign too exciting but then that's what most guests prefer I'd assume.

Vineyard: Surprisingly we get to go to their vineyard and collect some grapes home. My wife loved it and the grapes weren't bad either

Golf: Serious golfers will be utterly disappointed as this is just a putting hole and yes..one hole only. But we were not into golf so we just tried have some fun putting sevefral rounds.

Archery: This is relatively more interesting especially if it is your first time. It was for us and we had some great fun there.

FIsh pond: 2 black swan and some ducklings along with the swarms of fish in the pond awaits you to feed them! More of an activity for kids.

Plane and the Love/Heart signs: We loved strolling there taking photos and sitting on the green grass. Great place for photos

Main entrance/Lobby area: Got these mail post/phone booth area which is once again great sight for photos. You can also use their computer there at the reception as well as view their photo album and stuff.

Ducklings/Rabbits: Yes they are around running freely around the resort. Don't miss those cute ducklings by the river? area near the swimming pool. They tend to hang around there especially at ard 4ish.

Swimming pool: How can I miss this. I actually didn't swim but it should be nice dipping yourself in the pool given the hot gorgeous weather.

Fitness and sauna: We were a bit lazy so gym work isn't really my cup of tea. I took a glance it seems reasonably equipped.

Rose garden: Nothing much there except for photos.

Suggestion: I know this is just a resort for ppl to relax in the wild but I still think in case it rains or especially at night, visitors might find it a bit boring and want to find some activities to do. I'd suggest they either provide some massage/spa service, or indoor pingpong or whatever they can come up with. Especially for English speaking guests since TV channels really suck and dvds are in Thai only I heard.

Suggestion/the bad:
Ok here's my critique:
- Location still a bit far (from Bangkok) for most but unfortunately nothing can be changed here
- If they want to attract more international guests, then they need to improve on their English speaking staff and activities (TV channles, DVD collection).
- Acitivies are good for 2-3day stay only, and if it rains, then they might want to come up with more activities for guests to do. Same for night activities. Might even want to link up with some local tours so visitors can stay longer given it is so far from Bangkok.
- Pest control. I know it is the nature, but I still find the mosquitoes a bit annoying. The gecko that happend to live near our house didn't make my sleep comfortable either. But nevertheless the staff do try make the rooms clean. I'm just paranoid by insects and bugs in general so maybe that's just me.
- Credit card prepayment. They only accept deposit to their bank accounts but they should explore having guests pay via credit card for deposit. They do accept credit card for your stay but not for prepayment/booking deposit I meant.
- Food. I think they can try adding more food choice and consider English menu on the Thai food choices, since most visitors probably want to try out some local food!

Overall:
A relaxing place indeed for the romantic lovers who seek serenity. Very impressed with the design and landscape as the owner definitely put in a lot of heart and effort to provide visitors with a memory experience and stay. Never thought such place would exist in this city but we definitely had some great fun and memory.

Room Tip: Try local travel agency
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
19 Thank ngtszhodavid
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 27, 2011

From the time we stopped at the front gate, until we we're heading back down the road, we were treated as honored guests. Everyone, down to the gardening staff, greets you with a bow and smile. You are made to feel very welcome.

The grounds are beautiful, constantly being groomed. The cottages are a sight in themselves, all uniquely designed.

Their roadside restaurant, "Fish and Chips" serves up some great food. You can have a cart take you to the restaurant or, for a 10% surcharge, have food delivered to dine on your private balcony.

The breakfast buffet was very good, with sufficient variety, including eggs cooked to order.

Definitely a "must stay" in Ratchaburi!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
#8 of 42 in Suan Phueng
The Harmony Resort
The Harmony Resort
#4 of 22 in Suan Phueng

Been to Swiss Valley Hip Resort? Share your experiences!