The rafts are beautifully located on the river Kwai with beautiful surroundings. We stayed for one night only and booked our room with dinner and lunch as well as transfer to and from the Resotel pier.
The atmosphere at the rafts is great, especially at dusk when the petroleum lamps are lit and everything gets dark.
The food is not great, but okay. Considered that everything has to be brought by boat thats not too bad. However we wouldnt recommend to order lunch when you're just staying one night. Not worth it. Drink prices are alright, not overly expensive.
The staff is not very friendly, but also not unfriendly. Just bored I guess.
There's no electricity! So load up your camera before you arrive.
The rooms are spacious, clean and equipped with comfy beds, bathroom (with shower) and a hammock. Don't forget... they are floating on the flowing river! So bring ear plugs if you are sensible to noise.
The transportation to the resotel pier has to be organized by yourself. You should also arrange the pickup from the pier beforehand since the rafts reception will charge more.
All in all it's a very nice experience and worth the money. However we thought that one night was enough. We wouldn't have wanted to stay more than two nights.
Oh and we didn't like that there was some mobile float with a large group of tourists docking on the neighbouring float blocking the view for over an hour shortly before sunset. You should make sure you'll get a float far from any possible "docking" float.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts. The original floating hotel or Floatel since 1976 in Kanchanaburi Thailand. It was recognized as UNSEEN PARADISE in Thailand and welcoming people around the world. The River Kwai Jungle Rafts is selected as one of the best for floating hotels in the world by The Telegraph UK in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your River Kwai Jungle Rafts Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Hotel Kanchanaburi
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Kanchanaburi
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Resort Thailand/Kanchanaburi Province - Sai Yok