This was our first trip to Thailand and we had heard about this place from several people who had also stayed here. We were a bit worried about the no electricity bit but decided to give it ago and treat it as an adventure! The location is truly breathtaking, being taken there by longtail boat, seeing the different accommodation and animals along the way was great, it's about half an hour from when you get on to the jungle rafts. The accommodation is totally natural, being completed in natural wood. The room is not big but it has everything you need and the cold shower cools you down - just remember to have it not too late or it will be really cool and don't forget - there isn't much light only an oil lamp and a torch, so get everything out you need for the night! Seeing the elephant have a bath right outside your hut was electric at 7am. The food was good, not much choice, not fancy at all, but you are in safe hands and the beer is great too! The staff were really good, one in particular that came with us for all the trips but unfortunately I have totally forgotten his name. He was very profesional and friendly and told us lots of stories just walking with him. he even rowed us up to our next accommodation on his afternoon off! We went on trips arranged by the company and all was good. There was some changes and sometimes you are not sure if they know what they are doing but everything always falls into place, and you miss nothing! The elephant ride here was amazing, no tourists, just an hour in the jungle with hubby, elephant trainer and me and of course Wendy the elephant. Only negative was the show in the evening was not great only 25 minutes and they didn't look like they were enjoying it which was a shame. Remember, wherever you go, a 3 / 4/ 5 star hotel all starts looking the same - this is different, and it is something you will remember, our next 6 hotels was nice but this was amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts. The original floating hotel or Floatel since 1976 in Kanchanaburi Thailand. It was recognized as UNSEEN PARADISE in Thailand and welcoming people around the world. The River Kwai Jungle Rafts is selected as one of the best for floating hotels in the world by The Telegraph UK in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your River Kwai Jungle Rafts Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Hotel Kanchanaburi
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Kanchanaburi
- River Kwai Jungle Rafts Resort Thailand/Kanchanaburi Province - Sai Yok