River Kwai Jungle Rafts Resort
$51
River Kwai Villa(Kanchanaburi)
  • Restaurant
1,171 results
All reviewsno electricityoil lampsjungle raftsmon villageone nightno hot waterguide samkerosene lanternsfantastic experienceelephant feedingno air confloating hotelmosquito netpineapplelocal villagelong tail boatriver kwai
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Out of this world alright. We loved floating down the river kwai surrounded by quiet jungle.

We were only there 1 night. Meals were fine and the service was good.

It was a bit off putting walking about at night in our room seeing the river pass below between the floorboards! All in all a good adventure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank alan w
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Similar to other recent reviews, my wife and I did not feel welcome when we arived at Jungle rafts. I was really pumped up after visiting the website and reviewing some posts here in this site. But I was disspointed specially with the treatment and service they provide. The waitress in the food area are kids that sometimes do not take their job seriously.. I enjoyed the visit, the river is verey nice and the trips near by are great too. Bring a sweater because at this time of the year it gets cold late at night. I will not go back and can not recommend it other based on my experience. There are other options ou there like Float House very close by. I also question the value based on the serive provided.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the very end of the raft. More chances of being in a quiet room. It is pretty noisy inside the cabins and steps of peole walking by sound pretty loud.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ortiza
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was simply out of this world! I never wanted NOT to leave a place the way i did there. The setting could not have been more ideal, right on the river kwai in the middle of nowhere, forest as far as your eyes can see. I spent hours sitting down by the river, feet in the water, enjoying a cold ice beer. Very eco-friendly, no electricity, phone network won't usually work, so you can really forget everything else and just appreciate the nature and it's beauty. The staff are lovely, the bed is comfortable, food is basic but so good. A stay that i am not ready to forget. Thank you so much for this once in a lifetime experience!

Room Tip: Wake up early. They bath the elephants in the river about 7- 7:30 a.m
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank izzyboul
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a mixed experience staying at Jungle rafts. The staff member who checked us in was unorganised and unwelcoming. We had booked online though their website but it took them a long time to find our details, the same for our booking for the Mon culture show.
We loved the exotic location, design and concept of Jungle rafts, but found our actual experience there felt like package tourism, with none of the intimacy and sense of adventure that we seek when travelling.
On the positive side, we enjoyed floating down river several times and our vegetarian dinner was huge and delicious. We also walked into the Mon village which was beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank ELI F
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It was like going back in time,no electric, no hot water, no wi fi, but what a fab time, after a tranquil journey by boat we stepped out onto the rafts and were offered a cool drink, We were in the middle of no where, but it felt good, I went for a thai massage, verygood. Then we went to our room, we had to light lanterns and the torch was a god sent. Our party all met up for a few beers and we all agreed 2 nights would of been great but we would make the most of our one. The meal we had was very average, but I collected all the fruits so I could feed the elephants. We climbed up to the village, very interesting to see how they live. There were monks up there also lighting fires to dry there clothes, and lots of children going to school. As evening came I chilled out in my hammock listening to all the weird and wonderful noises from the jungle.Aaaaaaaaaaah total bliss, wish I was here for another night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple