“Amazing experience!”

Tiger Temple ( Wat Pa luang Ta Bua)
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my mum planned a 3 day stop over in Bangkok on the way to Australia and as big animal lovers decided we wanted to visit the tiger temple while we were there.. We booked a day tour where we got to visit the tiger temple and ride elephants in one day and we are so thankful we did! I read through some of the reviews before going and was quite worried about how the animals might have been treated ect but the moment we got there all those doubts were completely gone! The monks were sat playing with the tigers and you got to have loads of photos with the tigers while the staff took you round and made sure you get lots of photos! Being able to be that close with a fully grown tiger and stroking them is an experience neither of us will ever forget - and there were many English speaking staff that answered all of our questions and were very friendly! The tigers ARE NOT DRUGGED! Each tiger only spends about an hour having photos then they get swapped around.. Some of them were pacing round and one of them rolled around onto my mum when she was having her picture taken, it wanted to play but she jumped back just in time! There was also a show you could watch where the monks play with the tigers in the water and theyre so well looked after! Also it's only 1000THB for the extras and that's only £20 so it's definately worth doing!! We are definately planning to go back and spending longer there next time as we went quite late after the elephants and they were closing! Amazing day :)

1  Thank Georgina R
in 26 reviews
"respect"
in 61 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked our trip with Bangkok Day Tours. They were fantastic. We had our own van with leather sets and air conditioning.

River Kwai was great. Very interesting.

Then the Tiger Temple was a highlight. Feeding baby tigers, playing with the medium tigers and walking the large adult tigers. Rumours of the tigers being drugged is very untrue. They are very energetic, aware and playful. My dream come true touching and interacting with the tigers. I actually had tears in my eyes as I was so overwhelmed. Do not visit Bangkok without doing this tour.

We also added with Bangkok Day Tours the elephant riding and bathing with the elephants. I was in aura. Heard of gentle giants, well they are.

1  Thank Bronwyn W
Reviewed September 28, 2013

On 28.05.2013, after we are visiting Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and stopover at Death Raiway, Kwai River.

We came to Tiger Temple, Kanchanaburi! After paying 700 Bath per person for the entrance fee.

We went inside the Tiger Temple, we found that many tourist at Tiger Temple especially from China and India. I felt very pitiful to the tiger, they are ABUSE the tiger! NOT conservation the tiger! We have line up to take photos with the tiger, the tigers are look tired, thirst & sleepy! So we line up very long and waiting! But the volunteers they have open another lane "fast lane" to take photos with the tiger, the condition is you NEED to pay extra MONEY to them! So if you have money, you can have a VIP service! They use TIGER to earn MONEY! Very pitiful to the tiger! It's also NOT FAIR to other tourists!

This trip is NOT meaningful and we abuse the animal! Like we eat the shark fin !

I totally NOT RECOMMENDED this tiger temple tour!

I have rated to Tiger Temple "Terrible"!!!

12  Thank DavidOooHaa
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was quite excited before visiting Tiger Temple since I saw TV programs and many discussion about these tigers. But I am a bit frustrated to see these tigers are now managed by the foreigners and their priority is to earn than traditionally manage it. Most of the tigers looks very sleepy or week when bring for photograph with the visitors. Most of them lied on the ground or sleep. Some of them were fed small white tablets seems very wired. I personally did not like the present situation of these tigers over there.

1  Thank Feeroz
See more reviews
Reviewed September 25, 2013

A lot of people talk about the mistreatment of the tigers, being drugged, harassed and it being a rip off. Lets face it though...what zoo is ideal for animals?! The sad thing is, with habitat destruction and the tigers being hunted these places become necessary. It sucks but we are all equally to blame for this exploitation so with that in mind...
I took a private tour with my girlfriend and we were looked after very well! The guide worked really hard for us and made sure we got what we wanted. The tigers may have been sedated and they are definitely chained up but I expected that! These are still wild animals that could take you down with a swipe of their paw.
There are many westerners working there that love these animals and have made it a life choice to stay and work there. I heard nothing of the sedation or abuse and the teen tigers and baby tigers definitely did not look or act sedated. They were playful (teens quite scary as they are like big rottweiler size). We got plenty of information by asking about the goings on there...so ...all in all..if you want to cuddle a tiger there is a price to pay and not just financially!!!

2  Thank Heath B