Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 12/18/21
Orbitz.com
Expedia.com$46
Trip.com$77
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great concept of enjoying hot springs, resort is only 3 star, summer there means rain so the beachside restaurant was not open. Spa ok, but but great service for the cost as its much higher than outside prices. Breakfast simple but enjoyable. Villas lovely, however we stayed in poolside room. Clean rooms, spacious at 45sqm. FB service really lacks, poolside service staff took ages to serve and clear plates. Pool staff managed to break a bottle right next to the pool, glass going inside the pool we tried to rescue it. Can see there is no leadership at the resort, althouth there is a manager around. Reception staff who welcomed us was helpful and sincere, but FB staff need more development to be service minded and proactive as they now spend all time when no guests sitting at the bar area waiting for something to happen.

Room tip: If you have the money spend it on a Villa. To enjoy quiet dont book the poolside rooms.
Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank natkamolwattanasoont
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. This was the second time we stayed here. The location is very quiet and isolated but that's what we liked. It's about a 30 min drive from phuket airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle though to the next supermarket located in Kok Kloi approx. 10min away.

We had a deluxe seaview room. We actually payed around $40 more than 2 years ago although it was the same season, but there hasn't been any upgrades to room. In fact the buildings have seen better years. Everything is getting a bit old, something was wrong with the aircondition in our tract and it was horribly noisy. The staircase was very dirty, room service leftovers had been parked there for days.

The best part of the hotel are the 2 hot spring pools and the huge main pool (cool), that's pretty much what we came back for. A shocker for us though were the big amounts of day tourists that were dropped off at the hotel by bus and came for a dip and a free young coconut EVERYDAY. Getting a sunbed at this time was almost impossible and when they left, the whole pool area was full of garbage and tons of these young coconuts that began to smell. I wouldn't judge the hotel for bringing in some extra cash with day tourists but loads of them isn't a good idea in respect to the paying hotel guests who are not able to enjoy the pool facilities anymore. Keep in mind this is a 5 star hotel!!

The hotel has 2 restaurants, one at the pool and one close to the beach. Breakfast was buffet style and very good. Dinner was mediocre and pretty expensive, we mostly had thai food. As soon as the last guests have left the staff would turn up the music. Our room was close to the restaurant so we pretty much had to listen to their music until about almost 11pm. Let them have their fun too, ok, but again for a 5 star hotel... not very professional.

The Beach is beautifull and you have it all to yourself. It wouldnt hurt though if someone occasionally cleans up the garbage.

Overall it could be a great resort they just need to focus more on the hotel guests wellbeing and also make some upgrades to the rooms and improve the cleanliness in the hotel hallways/ staircases.

Date of stay: February 2012
8  Thank Kerosene
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We booked online following reading reviews at Tripadvisor. The hotel resort is beautiful with plenty of space, well kept gardens and a wonderful pool with adjacent hot spring pools.
Some previous reviews state there is no beach access due to a damaged bridge. This is not correct as it has been reasonably repaired so even my 4 and 5 year olds could get across - however do note the sand beach is steep and only suited for strong swimmers.
As reviewed elsewhere the prices for food etc is quite high compared to Thai benchmarks - however the food is also very good and delicious apart from a few misses.
One nuisance was checking out - we were told none of our 6 credit cards worked and we failed to explain the staff what it probably meant when the credit card machine said "no dial tone". So we had to be escorted to the nearest city to withdraw money from a series of ATM machines.
Overall would recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay with friendly staff.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank KlausJensen
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I travelled here with my parents who were visiting us from the UK. We booked this online with a huge discount from the advertised rate which made me slightly suspicious, but the photos and reviews looked good and it was located in the area that we wanted to stay (although i must point out this hotel is very remote and not close to bars and restaurants). When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by how lavish the grounds were and how well kept it was. The check in was quick and efficient and the hotel and the swimming pool area really looked good. We were taken to our rooms and again no complaints, we had sea view rooms as advertised and they were large and modern with a huge bathroom.

We had arrived late afternoon and my husband and father went off to the local supermarket to get a few things for us and me and my mum walked over to the beach. Once I had convinced my mum to walk across the rickety hand made wooden bridge they have in place at the end of the pier, we walked along a stunning deserted sandy beach enjoying the outlook. We walked back later to meet our partners and this was our first experience of ordering something in the hotel, when we all decided to have a pre dinner drink. The young girl there was asleep at her desk and when we woke her she came and took our order. We then waited 20 minutes as she went back and forth doing other tasks. She seemed pre-occupied so In the end we decided that we would forget about the drink and go and shower and get ready for dinner.

We came back to the restaurant a couple of hours later. The waiter came and welcomed us and gave us menus and we tried again to order drinks, Can we have some white wine we asked, "No sorry we have no white wine", can we have 2 Cokes please? "no sorry we have no coke" by this time me and my mum had got the giggles, my father was less impressed but asked then "well if you have no white wine can we bring our own bottle?" to which they replied "No problem" so from his earlier shopping trip he went and got his own bottle of wine from the room. We ordered Thai Food for Dinner which was superb, fresh, well presented and really tasty. We ate in the restaurant for 3 nights (all three with our own wine) and we would recommend you stick with the Thai food as opposed to the western selection as this was definitely the best. We took our wine every evening and we had good service and a pleasant atmosphere.

What we realised as time went on in our stay was that we saw the same staff all the time whether it was breakfast or late at night in the restaurant. All of which were very helpful and very polite. We are not surprised they are tired and are surprised they remain as cheerful as they do.

Unfortunately this hotel is greatly under staffed, and is being let down by this. The cleanliness when looking closely is not up to scratch generally but in the rooms you notice it, I could write my name in the dust behind my bed! The hotel is looking tired in parts and this is a real shame as this is really a beautiful hotel set in stunning grounds it just needs a little bit more TLC!

For the price we paid we have no real complaints we really enjoyed our stay, we just feel that the hotel would be more full if they could just improve their attention to detail, and get more staff.

Room tip: The beach front rooms by the evening restaurant are great!
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DorIreland
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I really have to say that the Hotspring resort and spa was an amazing experience for my body mind and soul. And the warmth and friendly service of the staff made my stay a treat. The only negatives were it could do with a few new umbrellas by the pool it is a beautiful oasis and the old umbrellas don't do it justice. Also the statues in the hotspring need to be restored as they are broken. I would also recommend a service book in the rooms for guest explaining the use of the hotsprings, also with the room service menu and spa menu and may be also a list of some of the local attractions. The spa menu was very basic and we would have indulged more if they had some more treatments like facials, pedicure etc. May be when I go back some of these improvements will have been done as it would only enhance the natural beauty of the resort

Date of stay: March 2011
5  Thank RDC_77
hotspringgm, General Manager at Hotspring Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2011

Dear Rosina,

Thank you so much for your positive, yet beneficial report on your stay with us. I have noted all the things that you have suggested for improvement, and will work on enhancing them for your next stay with us. I have posted your review to all the department managers concerned to inform their staff of your comments and i'm sure they will be delighted to hear them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best regards