“Excellent experience”

Bird's Paradise Skydiving
More attraction details
Owner description: The first and best skydiving centre in SE Asia, and the only one that jumps from 12,000 feet every time! Set in a beautiful and peaceful location in North-East Thailand, we are a world-class skydiving school, dedicated to creating safe and skilled skydivers. All our instructors have USA ratings and our equipment is all modern, top quality gear from the USA or Europe. We have a perfect safety record so come and make that first leap of faith with us - it's the safest thing you can do in Thailand! We are a fully USPA-accredited school and can help you get a USPA license, recognised all over the world. Or if you just want to do a tandem jump, with no experience necessary, then contact us today!
Bangkok, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

For a chilled out skydiving experience in Thailand, this is the place to be. Bird and Graeme are pulling out everything to keep the vibe going. Away from it all, Bird's Paradise Extreme Resort is really a chilled out place for those wanting to put their knees in the breeze. Great airplane (Airvan), always to altitude (12000 ft - think the only place that can guarantee this in Thailand) and the fact that it is no skydiving factory. Although located away from all the hustle and bustle of bigger cities, it is truly within reach of whatever a skydiver needs when looking for personalized skydiving needs. I'll be back!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank NielsSteeman

Losone
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Biggest disappointment in over 20 years of traveling”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I understand, that Skydiving activities are organized externally and not by the Resort.
Despite "high season" no guests, no staff (except Mgr and Marketing and two cleaning ladies). Jetski, Quads, Boats , no staff for all these activities. We have seen 1 dirty boat and one dirty Jetski of the first generation.
Restaurants closed, Pool unusable, Breakfast as per reservation must be ordered some km outside and staff recommended to eat it in the room. We were the only guests in the entire resort on that weekend.
Staff confirmed and apologized for the discrepancy from brochure and reality.
I can only assume, that the latest comments have been made by staff members, or did you find somewhere recent pictures from guests of all the activities proposed? Unfortunately we were so disappointed that we cancelled the weekend, got refunded by AGODA immediately (against the policy)

Visited November 2013
3 Thank salu47
blueskies_bird, Owner at Bird's Paradise Skydiving, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review which has been a very useful wake-up call for the management and staff! We appreciate you taking the time to write this and we would like to sincerely apologise for your bad experience.
We recently hired a new manager to renovate the resort and were unaware that he had already put the entry on agoda.com, despite the facilities not being ready or of the standard promised on the website. He had also not completed the entire booking process so actually nobody was expecting your visit! We have now instructed him to change the entry on agoda.com, until such time as the resort has finished being renovated.
Again we are very sorry for your bad experience.
As a side note, the good reviews you mentioned were all from skydiving customers. As you pointed out, the skydiving is run by a separate company and we are very grateful to you for mentioning this in your review.
Thank you for your time and I hope you can accept our apologies and this explanation.
Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great times in Paradise”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to spend a week at Bird's paradise extreme resort. It was an amazing funfilled experience that I totally recommend !

Graeme and Bird are amazing hosts and operate a great facility with commendable professionalism and super chilled atmosphere.

Skydiving was the reason that took me there and I did 17 jumps from 12000 feet (4000m plus) they operate two airplanes a cessna and brand new fully skydive equipped Airvan.
The accomodation is fantastic and the resort is fully equipped with loads of fun things to do ... Tandem skydiving, skydiving course and fun jumping with friends, Quads, climbing wall, zip lines, jet skis, scenic flights, bicycles, kneeboards , paddle boards , BB guns etc etc...

Plan on spending at least 3 days out there as theres lots to do and after a fun day, chill out at the DZ restaurant bar and be mesmerised by the spectacle that are sunsets out there .

Amazing place PARADISE indeed !

Visited September 2013
1 Thank joecruzing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect place to get your USPA A licence and more++++!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

With a previous AFF course done in Spain some time ago I wanted to get back into skydiving and obtain my USPA A license. Having made some email inquires to Dropzones both in Uk and Spain I found their slow, lack of information very off putting. One didn't even reply! Having made one email inquiry to Graeme at Birds Paradise outlining my A licence goal I received a quick reply full of clear cut information. I made my way to Thailand and true to his word and along with his calm personal coaching technique I easily obtained my A licence. Bird herself is an invaluable source of skydiving knowledge and had some great coach jumps and 3 way jumps with her and other fun jumpers there. Great pilot even brought us up to 14,000 feet- extra height=extra fun. Stayed on the resort in hotel style quality bedrooms. Also good spot for actin packed few days if you just wanna do some tandems, go quad biking, jetsking and night out in local town.
Can't wait to get back there to have ago at the B license.
Thanks again to all there, Graeme
Bird, Tim, Tao and the great catering staff!!!!!
Paddy Dave

Visited August 2013
2 Thank PaddyFieldDave
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing Staffs!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my skydiving experience with Graeme and Bird, who were both extremely professional about this sport. Frankly, I learnt a lot from them than what I did skydiving in the US. They were both humble people and always ready to teach eager newbies like me. :) I will really recommend Bird's Paradise for any newbie skydivers out there, especially those around Asia. Just ask the right season to head there, meaning, avoid the monsoon season! :)

Rauf