Review Highlights
You can ride

When you go to an elephant place look carefully at tbe brochure. Some let you ride, others only... read more

Reviewed February 1, 2017
charlesg330
via mobile
Rush, late, 30 mins in the camp

We booked a half day trip to this camp with ATV experiences through Klook.com(Suggest not to book... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
600vivianw
via mobile

All reviews elephant camp great experience ride elephants the river the kitchen interaction thailand
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Elephants are in excellent condition, looked after beautifully by Mahoots. They are bathed frequently in the river and have plenty of food. They walk slowly through the jungle, taking the youngest, 2 months, with them.

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The most exciting experience of my round the world journey... and Alexa is the most inspiring hostess...the staff is a warm and happy family of the best Thai cooks and elephant 'mahoots' ...I felt like I was in the best scenes of Jungle Book... topped by the natural beauty of the river, the trees, the large pool filled with running spring water!!!... I took my first river rafting trip and I am not a good swimmer...I could do it everday... so relaxing, yet invigorating... so many exciting new friends i made during my stay there that I lengthened my stay to a week...I type this sitting over the river in the Chai Lai Orchid Cafe watching the bamboo rafts go by in between the elephants bathing...such a grand romantic adventure for singles, couples, or the whole family...highly recommended!!! I can't wait to return with all my family and friends!!!

Date of experience: January 2013
2  Thank ALongoKamuela_Hawaii
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I could not enjoy my experience of riding the elephant. Kept feeling sorry for the elephant, that had a lot of bloody bruises from receiving cuts behind his ears from a little hook that the mahouts use to control them. I understand they must have a way of somehow controlling this huge animals, but I could not get over it... that he may be getting hurt just so that tourists can ride on his back.
The experience of just feeding and touch the elephant was much better, but I still had the tourist guilt feeling seeing them in chains etc. I would not do this again and therefore I cannot recommend it!

Date of experience: December 2012
8  Thank B P
Reviewed December 26, 2012

There are few things better than riding an elephant in the jungle in the rain... And in the morning a 3 year old baby Elephant, name Choti ("Lucky" in Thai) road me up the mountain to wake up his mother while serenading me with the HARMONICA!!! Most amazing experience ever!!! BEST MAHOUTS AROUNd!!!

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was a great experience to travel with the elephants at sunrise....
We recommend every body to get the experience!

Date of experience: July 2012