“Real Homestay - Great Trips, Best Food and a real Family :)”

Family Homestay Little Heaven
Ranked #1 of 2 U Thong B&B and Inns
Ingolstadt, Germany
“Real Homestay - Great Trips, Best Food and a real Family :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Between Kanchanaburi and Suphanburi there is a small Homestay... ;)

We stayed with Anna and Klaus for 3 Nights and realized on our first adventurous day, that this wont be enough. Unluckily we had our trainticket already booked. The rooms are great and very clean. The trips organized by Klaus himself are awesome and cheap. You can do nearly everything with him like exploring Erawan National Park and Elephantriding, visiting a zoo or just a bicycletour. The meals made by Anna are real thaikitchen and she takes care of everything herself. Super delicious.

All in all you probably could stay here for two weeks without getting bored at all. I can recommend this homestay for everyone who wants to learn about Thaiculture, Thaifood and the countryside of Thailand or just for relaxed holidays. ;)

Thanks for taking care of us and the great advices for our journey!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed for three nights at this homestay guesthouse. It lies in a small village among rice and sugar cane fields. Our room was big and clean. The atmosphere was friendly, and all the guests shared wonderful family-style home cooked meals.
I had a excellent massage on each of the days I was at the guesthouse.
One thing we enjoyed the most was that the guest house had a very good selection of bikes- and the biking in that area was particularly good: flat roads and paths along the irrigation canals with very little traffic

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We have spent New Year’s evening and other two nights in Homestay Little Heaven. We had a wonderful time there, Klaus and his family make you feel like home and take care about anything you want to do: trekking in a National Park, wonderful waterfalls, visits to impressive temples, riding elephants in Kwai River, and anything you want to do. He is a perfect guide and always willing to help and recommend you the best option even though you will not stay at his place. It was a shame we had such a short time, the place invites you to stay at least for a week.
And what to say about the food?? Just impressive. I was 14 days in total in Thailand and It is difficult to think about a place in which I tasted better food, just delicious.
In conclusion, if you are visiting Kanchanaburi, you look for an authentic and peaceful place with a Thai family environment, wonderful food and a person that perfectly knows the area this is your place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HD80
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I found Little Heaven Homestay by chance last year and decided that staying in an authentic Thai home would be a good add on since I was planning to backpack from Vietnam to Thailand.

Following the directions on their website, I took a chance and ventured out of Bangkok on a local bus. Anna was with little Leon when she picked me up and the first thing we did was to go grocery shopping in a local market. It was a fantastic experience, the sights, smells and sounds. We then stopped by a small Thai-Chinese town. Recently, I found out that I'm half Thai-Chinese so I really want to thank Anna for helping me rediscover my roots.

Dinner was a feast fit for a king. After being on the road for two weeks, loneliness was beginning to consume me. I really felt at home at the dinner table with the other guests and Klaus' family. We talked for hours and Klaus has a great sense of humour.

Klaus and Anna are great hosts and will go to lengths to ensure that their guests have a good time. They even accommodated to my dietary restrictions. Language isn't a problem either as both of them speak good English. I wanted to ride to Kanchanaburi, which was approximately 50km away. Klaus gave me a brief on the morning before my mini expedition, showing me places of interest around the area, while Anna gave me their card just in case I got lost.

Watching the sunset over the Thai countryside and the burning of the sugarcane plantation just before harvesting, was breathtaking.

During my three day stay, I could feel that the care they had shown me was genuinely sincere. I'm definitely planning a longer stay. If you're thinking about a short getaway from the fast paced city life, this is the place.

Price:
VERY AFFORDABLE. In fact, it's a bargain. All meals are included.

Rooms:
I stayed two nights in the dorm room. The beds were comfortable and the toilet was pristine.

Breakfast:
It is included in the price. There is homemade jam, German bread, fruits, muesli, cereal, eggs.....The list goes on and on....There's definitely something for everyone.

Activities:
You name it, they have it. Hiking and cycling trips, fishing, river tubing, cooking classes (Anna is a wizard in the Kitchen).

I will be posting my stay in detail on my blog in the near future.
www.travelpod/members/solus.vulpes

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Illyas E

Been to Family Homestay Little Heaven? Share your experiences!