“Enjoy the best of Raja Ampat”

Raja Ampat Dive Lodge
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We have just completed a liveaboard trip followed by a one-week stay at Raja Ampat Dive Lodge. If we are ever lucky enough to come back to Raja Ampat, we will certainly make this resort our number one priority. We found the accommodation, food and service excellent, and the diving experience the best of our extended dive tour of Malaysia and Indonesia, although we happened to hit a period in Indonesia when the visibility usually wasn't as good as normal on most days. On the days the vis was good, we had the best dives we have ever had at this resort. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Robert W

Reviewed March 19, 2014

An alignment of the planets saw us and another couple the SOLE divers at RADL during early March 2014. Consequently, my wife and I had our own dive master and 2 boatmen to ourselves (a first in 20 years of diving), rotating chefs outdoing each other for our gastronomic delight (staff put away the buffet service), personal province of romantic decks and docks, and the otherwise focused attentions of warm and friendly staff. The magic continued while we dived the wondrous sites before or after the groups of other resort and live aboard divers.

It doesn't get much better than this. Were we lucky? Maybe not. One thing is for sure -- we were royalty in the regency of the Four Kings.

5  Thank Paul L
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This beautiful property has bungalows,with ensuite bathrooms, and private porches which front onto the white sand beach of the Dampier Straits. There are at least 20 world class dive sites within a 15 minute boat ride.
Getting to the property is a bit rugged, the only drawback. A two hour powerboat ride that is usually a bumpy one.
Yet once you are there, it is so worth it.
It's the BEST diving I've seen having the most abundance of everything..
The resort has good food, especially if you order Indonesian.
You face the ocean, and behind you is the jungle. You get the unique opportunity to see a flock of white cockatoos squawk and do their thing around sunset everyday. You can take the kayaks and a 10 minute paddle brings you to the local village where you can delight some kids if you bring some treats..
A gem! Peaceful, off the beaten track, and very chill...

Room Tip: For maximum privacy ask for the bungalows near the end of the run... No.82 etc,,
5  Thank Maria D
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This October, I stayed in 3 accommodations in Raja Ampat which is a snorkeler's heaven for 19 days.
RADL was the most comfortable of the 3 with spacious, on-land, air-con, hot water, private attached bath, ocean-front bungalows in a gorgeously scenic location, between the mountainous jungle behind and radiant crystal-clear blue sea in front. The ambiance was breathtaking. The duplex units are made with local wood, much of it driftwood. There are large balconies front and back. The mosquito nets are large. Very few bugs; a few bites in the dining area in the evening if I didn't use my repellant. There were several settees in my spacious room. Lighting is excellent. It is a few yards from front steps to fine white sandy beach. The ocean was easily and comfortably accesible at any tide, high or low,
The house reef is extensive with it's exciting variety of the very famous Raja Ampat marine life.
The snorkeling excursions were excellent. My guide and the crew were totally professional.
RADL is Balinese owned and run. Yama, the new manager, met me at my Sorong Hotel and accompanied me to Sorong Harbour for the 2 hour launch transfer to RADL on Mansuar Island.
He, his assistant manager, Tika, and the rest of the team were extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. They smoothed out many big and little wrinkles in my complicated itinerary. They literally went far out of their way to make sure that my boat transfer to another resort went smoothly even going so far as to accompany me and act as translators not wanting to see me abandoned virtually in the middle of "nowhere".
The food was excellent, served mainly buffet style. The Beer is cold!
There is a coffee maker in the room.
I was in room 102. It seems this and 101 adjoining are the largest units.
Also the quietest, 102 being the last of the beachfront units.
It is a 15 minute walk to 2 villages and a cemetery if one wants to glimpse how the local people live or worship and say "Hello!" to lots of lovely kids and their parents. The songs and calls of invisible jungle birds throughout the day, the wind and the lapping of waves are the loudest sounds you'll hear.
Drawbacks, other than that I had to leave such a pleasant experience, were that the sound-proofing between units is not perfect, though they seem otherwise very well constructed and that
the charge for a snorkeling excursion to 2 adjoining sites (Cape Kri and the neighbouring village Jetty) were charged double.
The jetty area especially (low tide) was fabulous so I didn't quibble.
RADL is very highly recommended!

Room Tip: 102 is the end ocean-front unit. It and adjoining 101 are the largest.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Kendd
Reviewed October 10, 2013

One of the best dive resort I've stayed and combined with fabulous diving, good food & friendly staff. Rooms are great for friends or couples (depending on room config) with sufficient basic amenities like power points, lights.

Apart from diving, there is abundant birdlife on the island of Mansuar for those that don't dive. Snorkelling or just lazing by the white, sandy beach is also possible. Visits to nearby islands will show you pristine beaches, lovely landscape and crystal clear waters. Worth a second visit in time to come.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Ben_Naden
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'm very stunned with their beautiful pictures of the Lodge,
and decided to plan my trip with them right away... but,

I Read at Trip Advisor, there's some complaints about them, from Ms Myrna and Ms Allison, and decided to call their office in Bali for verification. It's my concern because i'm a woman single traveler. And i'm very glad i made a call to them, they explained to me they did asked for apologies, and gave them compensations as soon as they received their complains. and made necessary steps to make sure this not going to happen again in the future.
for me, this showed they have a good responsibility.

I also contacted some of my friends for second opinion and to my surprise, they are all very satisfied with their service...

So I came to their office and discuss with them about my travelling preferences,
and their staff are very friendly, and not minding at all about my detailed itinerary, they are very flexible and gave me good suggestions.

And i'm very happy to announce it was a very good and happy experience i got there,..
the staff are very friendly and guest concern, and even i'm not joining their dive trip, the dive masters still happily guide me with the best spot of the area. the food is good and plenty, they even make a special cuisine due to my several food allergies!
the rooms is clean, which is very important for woman travelers... :)

So, please keep up the good work and wait for my sure return there,
Salam to Raja Ampat Dive Lodge :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank IndahBalletBali
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time staying and diving with Raja Ampat Dive Lodge. The resort is very nice. The sunset from the jetty is superb. The staff were very friendly and always willing to assists. The restaurant crews were great. And the food was excellent. The captain of the boat, Hasan, was great. The dive guide, Gustin, although had to live for the ship after only one day with us were very good. The replacement guide, Fredy, a native of Mansuar Island, was excellent. He knows the dive site very well. He surveyed for currents prior to every dive. He has a very good eyes for critters. Over all we had a great time staying at the resort and the diving is second to none. We will definitely come back and dive again.

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank Stefanus_Polii

Been to Raja Ampat Dive Lodge? Share your experiences!