“Better than the others nearby!”
Review of Bengal Village

Bengal Village
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Lingfield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had been let down a couple of times by another restaurant very nearby - not finding our booking, forgetting us and asking if we would leave soon as someone wanted the table - we had been going there for years and were disappointed so we tried the Bengal and were very pleasantly surprised.

Staff are polite and friendly and attentive. The restaurant has a good atmosphere. We even had our favourite red onion chutney refilled without asking. The food was fresh, not oily as some Indian food can be and portions were a good size. Dopiaza, tikka and shashlik were very nice served with plenty of pilau rice and good naan. We will be back.

4  Thank discerning3
There are newer reviews for Bengal Village

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We live near to this restaurant and have been many times. The food really is lovely and the service is great. They are very attentive. We went on Wednesday 21st August at around seven thirty, as we had a child free night.
My only gripe was that a family who must go there regularly, even though sat at the rear of the restaurant, let there children, get up and down from the table continually to gawp at the fish at the front. The children were over five but younger than ten, but the parents ignored them skipping about the tables. I have five children of various ages (youngest 7 and olders 26) and when taking them out to dinner of an evening I would never allow it! The staff embarrassingly turned a blind eye, and the parents who were chatting quite loudly were oblivious. We just before nine and they were still there.
Anyway back to the food. We started with poppadoms, and one onion bargee followed by the village chicken special, which was yummy, a lamb biryani which was very tender and we had side dishes as well as one nann, plus a large glass of white wine, and a coke. The bill was £40 which we thought very reasonable.
They did a little fancy trick with the hot towels which I found quite amusing.
I would certainly recommend this restaurant, there are other in the village but this one tends to be more popular.

7  Thank nwmeredith
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have tried many restaurants throughout my life and at the Bengal Village you can be guarenteed the best food and service ever!
I would 100% recommend this lovely restaurant for its taste & quality of food, beautiful interior and for the most helpful friendly staff.
No other restaurant can compare to the quality, whether we are talking about an English/Italian or Spanish meal. So now for me whenever I go out it always tends to be an Indian at The Bengal everytime as I am guarenteed a lovley night, in a warm atmosphere, with perfect food served by perfect waiters...thats you Bahar! :-)
Bengal is outstanding and the best restaurant ever....Highly recommend it!
Michelle Taylor

6  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Popped into the Bengal village on Thursday night and had a first class night. Very good cusine, unique decor and very pleasant and entertaining staff. Well worthwhile if you appreciate nice Indian cuisine or just want entertaining.

6  Thank jeremy_hartigan
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant for the past couple of years and thought it about time that I write a review. This restaurant is amazing and the staff and the superb cuisine make this place the best restaurant in the South East! As soon as you walk in you are hit by the friendly atmosphere and that the staff cannot do enough for you! When you do sample the food you will understand why they hold the Curry Awards title if Best South Asian Restaurant in the South East! Amazing as the flavours hit your palate! I would strongly advise to try this restaurant for a dining experience and that you will not be disappointed! If I could give the Bengal Village 6 stars fir their food and amazing staff/service I would! Bradley Smith

5  Thank Bradley_Smith2