Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great way to enjoy racing.....

Reviewed October 5, 2018
richster642018
Uckfield, United Kingdom
Race Day Experience

Reviewed September 16, 2018
Sarah M
via mobile

All reviews tribute band race course finish line race track finishing line hospitality suite main course behind the scenes private bar waiting staff marriott hotel afternoon tea race meeting couldn't fault race goers parade ring lovely afternoon
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited recently for three course lunch in the Trackside restaurant for which we used vouchers for my birthday and booking with the Raceday Team proved to be very efficient. Although I had been to Lingfield twice before this was the first time for a meal. The starter and dessert were good and served at our table but the main course was a carvery and while the meat was good the vegetables were not well presented and in very short supply by the time we went to the counter. The normal cost for three courses is £75 and two courses £59.50.
Only Tote betting is available in this restaurant, the betting shop being on the floor below. The monitor screens in the restaurant need tuning or updating as you cannot read clearly where the racing from other tracks is coming from and it was unfortunate that there was no commentary at all for the first Lingfield race.
Our local track is Chelmsford City which we have visited many times for a meal on racedays. On our last visit the two course carvery meal was £29.50 which was far superior and the facilities there are excellent.
Lingfield in my view is a very good track for viewing the entire race and on the whole have enjoyed my visits there. Having been to every racetrack in England, Scotland and Wales I can therefore consider the merits of each venue and feel that the restaurant and facilities we experienced are somewhat out of date and could benefit from a makeover. If anyone from Lingfield reads this review please don't give the usual bland reply along the lines that" the relevant areas are taking appropriate action" because I believe you can do better.

Lingfield Park R, Guest Relations Manager at Lingfield Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear robessex981,

Thank you for your feedback of our Trackside Restaurant following your recent visit.

We are sorry to hear that we didn’t match your expectations. As you pointed out, the main course within this restaurant is a self-serve carvery and as such, is constantly re-replenished during service. It would be very unusual for us to run out of vegetables during a sitting, so we can only assume that you unfortunately arrived at the carvery in between it being refreshed.

Our betting facilities within the racecourse range from The Tote in our restaurant and private hospitality boxes to betting shops and private bookmakers around the course. While we provide the Tote staff for those hospitality guests who do not wish to venture outside, there are always alternatives on offer.

We apologise if the Tote screens were sub-standard for your experience. We are currently updating all of our broadcast equipment throughout the course and this includes bigger screens for the Tote.

We do hope to see you back at Lingfield Park in the future where we are sure you will experience a much improved service.

Kind Regards,

Guest relations

Reviewed October 5, 2018

We went to the Grandstand restaurant for a nice raceday meal. You get to sit inside in the dry when it was freezing outside. If you get a table by the window then you have a perfect view of the course and the finish line.

Food is predominantly carvery, which is great, good food. A selection of starters and desserts and drinks were available too.

You can bet and collect winning from the comfort of your dinner table - a really great way to watch the races.

This time we backed 6 winners of 8 races, so ended up ahead at the end of the day.

It's great fun!

on an unrelated note: It never ceases to amaze me how much food is wasted - from a self service carvery! You served it yourself, so eat it!!! Good grief how hard can it be? Rant over.

1  Thank richster642018
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Booked our race day gift for the family fun day in June, our first experience of raceing had a great day, saw the horses and jockies in the paddocks, had shire horses, plenty of totes, not enough seating, as I'm not good at standing for long. Had a great day, with a few wins, the only down side is the food, we chose fish and chips absolutely horrid and expensive. Can't wait to go back also brought the same gift experience for my daughter as we loved our day. Plenty of parking.

1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Botley Old Boys Golf Society
As Captain of the above golf society I have recently stayed at Lingfield Park with a group of 15 golfers on a 2-night 3 round golf trip, and I must say that this is the worst course that I have played in 20 years of golfing. The golf course is unkempt and totally neglected with overgrown tee boxes that merged with the rough, the bunkers full of weeds and had damaged edges, there was no definition between fairway and the rough, grass was uncut around the greens. The greens themselves had been hollow tined and had a sand dressing but it appeared to be builders’ sand and it hadn’t been brushed in. The 17th was by far the worst green I have ever seen with tyre marks, it was impossible to putt smoothly.
The hotel was not much better, on day one when we checked in there were soiled towels in the bathroom and about 20 dirty cotton buds on sticks in the waste bin. When I complained to reception she sent someone to recheck the room so I left it at. The next morning, I went to put some paper in the bin under the television table and found empty beer cans behind the bin and also more on the balcony so I went back to reception, on the way to breakfast, who again apologised but I said to her that the room had not been serviced correctly and it was unacceptable. They did come and remove the cans from the room but left the beer cans on the balcony. Clearly somebody is not checking the rooms before releasing them for occupation. On a plus side the breakfast buffet was good, although I wanted a black Americano with my breakfast which they said I would be charged for, which I found very annoying as we had spent over £3000 for the trip without golf, but they still wanted to charge me a measly £3.50 for a coffee. This is not a venue that I would ever recommend.

Lingfield Park R, Guest Relations Manager at Lingfield Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear davidcotto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding you recent stay with us.

We'd like to apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Your comments have been passed onto both the housekeeping & golf team for them to take on board. I can confirm that since your stay with us the golf course has undertaken some maintenance work therefore if you wish to rebook a round of golf with us please do not hesitate to contact the Golf Operations Manager himself at tchandler@lingfieldpark.co.uk so he can arrange this for you.

We really do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Lingfield Park in order for us to restore you faith in the resort.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relations

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Was here yesterday for a day of racing and finished off with watching The Wombats. A great day out with friends and it being my first visit to Lingfield I wasn’t disappointed. Will come again for sure.

Lingfield Park R, Front Office Manager at Lingfield Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about your experience here at Lingfield Park. The Wombats was truly exiting event, and we can't wait to host more events like this one in the future. We hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Big thank you to Jess, Lucy and all the team at Lingfield for our wedding day 28th July. We had a wonderful day and every last detail was taken care of by the team both in the race course and the hotel including early check in for our guests. We would not hesitate to recommend the race course or the team at Lingfield!

Dear Tracey,
Thank you very much for your lovely review of your stay and the wedding held here at Lingfield Park. I was very pleased to read that your and your guests enjoyed the event. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the team. We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Stayed for a couple of nights and eat at restaurant, good experience and breakfast had a good selection. Had a great view of the course

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Lingfield Park. I was happy to read that you have enjoyed the racecourse view, and dining in our Cyprium Restaurant. We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Great fun at the races really enjoyed the atmosphere and excitement. Book a package and enjoy the meal then use of the table and drinks throughout the meeting.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

The 12th May was Oaks trial day at Lingfield and I was excited to have a runner at the meeting. As an owner there is normally a concession in the Panoramic Restaurant. I rang to book and after 3 phone calls and having to wait a day for a management meeting to take place I was told that I could not book into the restaurant but if I wanted I could pay extra to go into a marquee. The receptionist could give me no further information. I was not happy but I was told that tickets would be available for the self service restaurant. When we arrived it was difficult to move about in the self service area, let alone find a table. It was packed. I joined the queue for food and was eventually served a fairly indifferent meal. The next problem was there was no where to eat it. People were sat at tables studying their racing papers but without food. I complained to the staff and after asking for the manager they did find a place. It was the worst treatment as an owner I have ever experienced on a race course. The only good part about the day was my horse won her race. The experience for the general public was exactly the same. Lingfield need to get their act together for the big days.

3  Thank Montgomerie
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Went to the Hooves and Grooves as part of a work party. A great day all in all.
Disappointing however is that you are not allowed to bring chairs with you which is clearly due to the intention to force guests to pay for the stadium viewing area.
Drinks were expensive but typical price for this kind of day out- £5.50 for beers or ciders. Colleague had a burger at £9!
The Katy Perry/Pink tribute was actually quite good.
All in all a very good day despite prices.

3  Thank Cmalone857