“50th birthday celebration”
Review of Blacksmiths Head

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lingfield
Blacksmiths Head
Ranked #4 of 5 Lingfield B&B and Inns
“50th birthday celebration”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was 50 in Dec 2013 and wanted a select few close friends and family to join me in celebrating my big 5-0! So after looking at the reviews on the Natwest Tastecard website I decided to start making enquiries. One of the main reason is because it's very local to us so it would be ideal if any one wanted to stay over.

I contacted the pub in approx Oct and a nice lady took my details, that evening I received a call back which pleased me. I popped down and Ellie showed me around and told me what they could offer. I wanted to stay clear of Xmas lunches as it was at the beginning of Dec and thought it was a bit early. Ellie offered me a varied menu ranging from 2 - 3 course prices. In the end I had about 25 of us. The food, service and friendliness was first class. We have since gone back and the standards are still the same. I fully recommend this lovely, friendly, great pub to anyone.

I don't normally do reviews but as my 50th birthday was such a success and many of my guests commented on the lovely food I thought that I should share my experience.

Well done - We will be back
Gill Fold

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gill F
Elizanne M, General Manager at Blacksmiths Head, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thankyou very much for your review.
We enjoyed having you all here and celebrating your birthday with you. I know we have seen you since then but thankyou again for your kind comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Devon
Reviewed January 18, 2014

As was staying on nearby caravan park fancied eating out and this was the nearest pub doing food. as it was a local pub did not have to high expectations. What a surprise, the food was delicious, an imaginative menu and the chef really knows what he is doing. Very reasonably priced, friendly service. pleasant environment. Far exceeded the quality we have experienced in more expensive restaurants, will be going again to sample the Sunday lunch and will definitely be our place of choice when in the area in the future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon T
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this pub on a trip to West Sussex. The food was yummy and pretty reasonable considering the quality. The hostess was lovely and really made us feel welcome.

I would recommend this anytime for a nice pub lunch/dinner - especially the homemade pies! :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hallharper31
London
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visited with a friend for dinner, we were staying in the area. I had taken the details off trip advisor. I booked by phone. The staff and locals were very welcoming and we both felt at ease when visiting. We had a drink at the bar first and chose from the menu. The restaurant was quite small, but adequate. My friend had the sea bass and I had the lamb. The meal was really good and we were both impressed. I would definately visit if I was in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LondonFrancesca
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just moved in to the neighbourhood and could not have asked for a warmer welcome.Ellie behind the bar could not have been more helpful. We are all so happy this will be our new local. Service friendly, and not intrusive. Food simply delicious, and perfectly how we like our food. Not overly fancy, wholesome, nice presented food. Everyone is welcome, including dogs. Definitely no clique atmosphere unlike other village pubs. We are so pleased to be just across the road and look forward to many more lunches and dinners and sitting at the bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
horley surrey
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have driven past this pub many times, but regrettably never called in. 5 of us went today for Sunday lunch, which was exceptional. We were given a warm welcome, sat in the window bay and all chose a traditional Sunday lunch of beef or lamb. The lunch was extremely nicely presented, plentiful, well cooked and very tasty, we all really enjoyed our lunch and homemade puddings,we will definitely return very soon. There are also paintings displayed and for sale from a local artist in Lingfield, Sally Hewitt, which are beautiful and contempary. The garden is well kept, they have a gazebo and shady areas, there is a nice central water feature and nice landscaped well kept gardens. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I would highly recommend this pub, it is well worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilipG
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the weekend whilst completing a Scuba course across the road. It's so conveniently located- and trust me - after a day of the course, you'll be very thankful!
What makes it more lovely is the warm and friendly people, the lovely comfortable rooms and large hot showers, and the delicious food.
The dinner was just amazing and a lovely hearty breakfast too. The Chef also made us sandwiches for Lunch at the Scuba course the next day for a small charge.
As a single traveller, I felt very safe & welcomed. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and you always have a lovely person to greet you, share great conversation with or a dog to give you a little good luck cuddle before your exam on the last day!
(Although I think he was probably after my bacon!!)
Wonderful stay & thank you to all the staff who welcomed me and gave me a great stay!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Globesoprano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingfield
Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Star Inn
The Star Inn
#1 of 5 in Lingfield
The Wiremill Lakeside Pub & Inn

Been to Blacksmiths Head? Share your experiences!