$111
$106
Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel(East Grinstead)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Room Service
The Star Inn(Lingfield)
Claridge House(Lingfield)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have driven past this pub many times, but regrettably never called in. 5 of us went today for Sunday lunch, which was exceptional. We were given a warm welcome, sat in the window bay and all chose a traditional Sunday lunch of beef or lamb. The lunch was extremely nicely presented, plentiful, well cooked and very tasty, we all really enjoyed our lunch and homemade puddings,we will definitely return very soon. There are also paintings displayed and for sale from a local artist in Lingfield, Sally Hewitt, which are beautiful and contempary. The garden is well kept, they have a gazebo and shady areas, there is a nice central water feature and nice landscaped well kept gardens. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I would highly recommend this pub, it is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PhilipG
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the weekend whilst completing a Scuba course across the road. It's so conveniently located- and trust me - after a day of the course, you'll be very thankful!
What makes it more lovely is the warm and friendly people, the lovely comfortable rooms and large hot showers, and the delicious food.
The dinner was just amazing and a lovely hearty breakfast too. The Chef also made us sandwiches for Lunch at the Scuba course the next day for a small charge.
As a single traveller, I felt very safe & welcomed. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and you always have a lovely person to greet you, share great conversation with or a dog to give you a little good luck cuddle before your exam on the last day!
(Although I think he was probably after my bacon!!)
Wonderful stay & thank you to all the staff who welcomed me and gave me a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Globesoprano
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I haven't stayed in a room here, but visited with three friends for an evening meal. The building itself is lovely, full of character with the bar in the middle of the room and plenty of seating spread around it. The resturant area is tatefully decorated and features modern artwork for sale and exhibition on the walls.
The food was delicious. We visited on a 'fish Friday' and were pleased with the imaginitive fish specials on offer, not just the pub standard fish and chips (which didnt even feature on the menu here!) We ate three courses and all were very tasty, particularly the starter and dessert.
We were particularly impressed with the staff, who were all so friendly! We were predominently looked after by one lady who was running around tending to the bar and waiting on the tables, yet the service was excellent the courses nicely paced. Despite being busy, our lovely waitress made time to chat and offer recommendations. There is a resident dog in the pub who loves a bit of attention, and it was nice to see that this is one establishment that clearly welcomes 4 legged friends!
Overall we were delighted with our visit, and we will most certainly be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Didn't stay here, but had an evening meal. The pub is a traditional old style pub with darts and pool table and friendly resident dog. Probably one of the best pub meals we have ate in a long time. Husband is very picky and rarely finishes a meal, but his plate was completely clean! He had calves liver with crispy bacon and mash and I had the beef and ale pie, which was delicious. Young girl behind the bar was doubling up as waitress and nothing was too much trouble. Wine very good and reasonably priced. Only slight problem was it was very cool in the dining area. We visit the area regularly for racing at Lingfield and will definitely eat here again - it is only 5 mins. drive from the racecourse.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I came down for a scuba-diving course at the school located directly across the road from this pub and stayed here on the Saturday night. It is an extremely convenient place to stay if you're visiting the scuba school because it's about 30 seconds walk away.

The pub is very homely and traditional. It's not a super-slick, soulless modern hotel, so this isn't the place if you're looking for something like that. It is a traditional English pub with local guests and is family run. The owners have a friendly dog, which goes around greeting everyone in the pub.

I got a twin room (room 1) and it was clean and spacious and had a huge bathroom with a bath and a shower attachment on the tap (although nowhere to hang the shower head). I ate dinner in the pub on the Saturday night (very nice) then slept very peacefully. Other people have commented on the planes (this place is near Gatwick) but I didn't notice them at all.

The breakfast was very nice and is cooked by the chef whenever you're ready in the in the morning. For a small charge he also agreed to make a sandwich for me to take to the scuba school, as the scuba school doesn't have a lunch break (you just eat whenever you're hungry whilst watching the learning videos).

The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo