“Just ok”
Review of The Wiremill

The Wiremill
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Lingfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: You don’t need to get on a flight to get away from the Big Smoke. We’re less than an hour’s journey from London Victoria. Haven. Oasis. Retreat. Sanctuary. Hideaway. Pick a word - they’re all fit to describe The Wiremill, our award-winning lakeside pub. A home away from home, it’s the people who make this place. Of course, the delicious cooking - homemade, locally sourced, beautiful food - & incredible views don’t hurt. Come in with family & friends, or just make some new ones when you get here. Alternatively, do what big boss Tim does - plonk yourself down in the sunshine & ponder life's mysteries whilst you sip on a cappuccino. You don’t need to go home, book a stay in our boutique hotel. Our rooms have huge beds and fluffy pillows!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Just ok”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

A little bit disappointed by the food as the menu looked good, I had venison that was very chewy & my other half had fish that had not been filleted & had large bones in every bite.
They were reluctant to take the fish back but eventually changed it for something else.
Portions were a tad on the small side, but the cheese board was good.
Service was good & friendly.
Not sure I would rush back again.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank DanGatwick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
“A perfect night”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My dad first took me here when I was younger and I decided that this would be the perfect place to propose to my (now) fiancée. It's lovely, secluded, next to a gorgeous lake, a beautiful quirky old building and the staff are known for their friendliness.

When I called and explained why I was visiting, the manager was unbelievably obliging and booked us into the lakeside heated gazebo and decorated it with candles for us. Lads - take my word for it, you can't do much better for a place to pop the question.

This was genuinely one of the best nights I've ever had and all because of the lovely surroundings and more importantly because of how diligent and obliging the staff are.

If you have not been to the wiremill before then you need to give it a go. Affordable and picturesque.

Visited November 2013
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“A quirky restaurant”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The restaurant has great views of the lake and surrounding countryside. There are tables outside which are perfect when the weather is suitable. The inside of the restaurant is very quirky and unusual. We have eaten here several times and the food has never failed to be impressive, both in the content, the presentation and the taste. The menu is varied, something there for everybody. However, the service could be improved. There was one female member of staff who looked after us very well, but the rest of the staff were never around when one wanted them. They seemed to be able to pass by our table without looking in our direction. I think the service has got worst of late. I would recommend this restaurant, because it is a bit different and the chef is a good one.

• Visited October 2013
London
“So much promise, so little delivery”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

So The Wiremill from their website looks like it is going to be a wonderfully relaxed experience with lovely food and service. The reality is a bit different.
We entered and the host looked at us a bit blankly as if we should know what we were doing. I said we were there for food and was told to order a drink at the bar, find a seat and menus would follow.
As there was no room upstairs, we went down to the first level, look a table and waited, and waited and waited. There was plenty of movement in and out of the kitchen, which was playing it's music loudly and drowning out the main restaurant every time the door opened. After getting a bit fed up, I spotted another table upstairs, so we moved. Our host said - have you got your menus yet? So a little more of a wait and we ordered.
I had the burger which while presented well, was dry, the bun so over-baked (and probably old) it shattered when cut into- I didn't think bread was meant to shatter. Chips, which can be a thing of beauty were pre-frozen and bought in and again where hard and dry. No amount of dusting with paprika was going to save these. My companions has sausage and mash - no real complaints other than measly portion of mash and gravy Vs 3 Sausages.
Service was generally poor, not table service and we gave up waiting for the bill.
Don't get me wrong - no-one was rude, there was just a huge lack of care and attention. I won't be going back and I won't be recommending.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank GingerCmg
Dartford
“is this for real?”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

this place was recommended to me by a friend. there is no better advertising than word of mouth.
this was an untidy, un kept , dirty, grotty over grown with weeds dump!!!!!
The windows were filthy, tables dusty and the food was absolutely diabolical.
I actually broke a tooth on the rubber beef.
Frankly i was disgusted with the entire experience
rubbish rubbish rubbish !!!!

• Visited November 2012