“The perfect sanctuary following a "day at the races"”

Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lingfield
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Brand spanking new but no teething problems that i could detect.The great thing about this hotel is the staff who were simply delightful. Who ever was responsible for staff recruitment is a genius.
As a general rule Horse Racing followers tend to be slightly eccentric and that was certainly the case with our group from http://flatstats.co.uk . To host such a client group you need staff with a sense of humour and be able to combine this sense of fun with courteousness and efficiency.Remarkably this has been achieved.
I guess the average age of this staff group to be 25. I had direct encounters with several of them. Kirsty in the bar, Kim in the restaurant-both delightful, the restaurant manager- i think was called Dirk--and although English was not his first language-he had a highly developed wit which put everyone at their ease .
So Staff 11/10 (francesca, oliver, matt, rachel and scott were the names of some of the other delightful staff we were luck to have looking after us
Rastaurant :10/10
we were on the Racing package which is great value £100 a night for Dinner, Bed , Breakfast and Premier Enclosure entrance to lingfield racecourse. Normally a fixed rate inclusive menu is full of food options that either look tired or look fine but really are tired -when they arrive. This kitchen managed to produce faultless, flavoursome food and with no delays or mistakes and within the set menu package. Pretty damn impressive for such a new team.
lingfield racecourse encloses the hotel-so there is no walking distance and therefore the hotel would be ideal for racegoers with mobility problems.
If you like Golf the hotel is in the middle of a golf course- so again you can roll out of bed straight onto the first tee..

Location --you can see that for yourself.Cleanliness 10/10Rooms --Simple, comfortable and elegant with views over the Race or Golf courses.

There are extra facilities like a swimming pool and a spa which i did not personally
sample.

in summary I would be happy to stay at this hotel with or without the Racing or the Golf.I hope the standard can be maintained and congratulate whoever was responsible for putting this team of staff together.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank JTHCarlyon

Reviewed July 2, 2010

Well, we were looking in Brighton for Marriott to redeem our miles, but this was shown as next round the corner... I was not round the corner but very close to Gatwick so that we definately will consider to stay there again in case we are travelling via Gatwick. The reception was most friendly and attentive. Perfectly made: room number = my birthday. So I will always find my room. Room was great and spacious. Something for technics fans. Great was the call after ten minutes from the front desk who checked if everything was all right. The mini-bar was empty but the lobby bar was availabe 24/7 to have beverages and food. Breakfast was very nice. But never make the same mistake like me: Have a look first into the menu: there are so many great à-la-carte-dishes that you must to have the buffet to become happy. As they saw that we are not typical English breakfast people who need lot for breakfast they were very fair and did not charge us the full buffet price. And always with a smile. It was just great. We will try to book in future via Gatwick instead of Heathrow. Only the shared balcony was something strange to me. And the narrow bathroom.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Have just stayed at this hotel for the weekend. Lovely room overlooking racecourse and Golf course. As the Hotel is only a month old everything is clean and smells very new. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Had a meal in the restaurant on the Friday evening. Excellent food and service. Very nice breakfast. We were lucky with the weather so we even had breakfast outside on the last morning.There was a racing on the Saturday evening which we had tickets for and as the Hotel is next to the course we could go through the gate by the hotel.
Nice pool. Great Hotel to stay at.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

As a general rule, can`t really fault this hotel as we were only there for 2 nights. We had what on booking was termed a deluxe room, which had a partial view of the racecourse, and a large slide opening window (If you want a balcony, I think it`s a superior balcony room you need, although these could give a view of either the racecourse OR golf course and there are some premium corner rooms too, with panoramic views over the racecourse and golf course apparently). The room was very comfortable, and probably one of the quietest we`ve ever had, I don`t think we heard any noise at all, no doors slamming, no noisy guests - although we`re not sure the hotel was that busy - and considering it is directly below the Gatwick flightpath, no aircraft noise (with the window shut of course!). Was nice to have a mini fridge to keep drinks cool, too. Breakfast was pretty much your average buffet, with fruit juice, cereals, pastries, fruit, yoghurt and cooked breakfast hot trays (eggs are freshly cooked on request at the buffet area), plus toasters to do your own toast (and Bagels!!). There is also a menu to choose from, but these items are an extra charge on top of the breakfast inclusive room rate. The food in the evening is a bit limited - it`s not a particularly extensive menu, and rather pricey for the size of some of the portions. That said the food is very nice. I think, though, it would have been a stretch to want to go back there for a third meal. There is also a bar serving food for most of the day. There`s a reasonable sized pool, a gym, sauna, and aromatherapy room in the spa, plus various treatments available for an extra charge.
If you like planes, it`s quite a good place to be, as you can sit outside the bar/restaurant areas and watch them take off or land from/at Gatwick Airport, depending which way planes are taking off. And the hotel currently still looks all shiny and new, there`s that "new car smell" still floating in the air!

Reviewed June 18, 2010

This is a very nice new hotel and as expected it was extremely clean and top notch. I thankfully did not encounter any of the problems of the prior reviewer. Service at the desk was courteous and professional. I called in to the front desk twice during my stay and received a prompt response on both occasions. A continental breakfast was included in my rate and I found it to be adequate. Free internet access was certainly a plus. I would certainly stay here again if I were to be in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Like another reviewer I also had no AC and had to open the windows. I was awakened at 6.30am by loud earth moving equipment which made further sleep impossible and was quite annoying. Then all of the lights in my room went out. They sent up an engineer and fixed the lights. I complained to the front desk about the equipment noise (caused by a building crew) but no one ever got back to me and apoligised. Nice hotel but care for the customers should be important.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank neilmj
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights with my wife and 2 young children. Initial impressions on driving up are not that great as the front is like a glorified travellodge. There is a massive car-park with ample parking. Check-in was easy and quick and we were in our room within minutes. The rooms are usual Marriott fare, but its lovely having everything brand new. We found the double-double rooms rather small with 2 children. The beds are a usual double size, but if used to a king bed they seem very small. My wife kept waking up whenever I turned in the night as the beds seemed quite soft. Nice touches like free WIFI and Sky channels on TV all make relaxing in the room easy.
We had a problem on the first night as the air-con wasnt working and so our room temperature wouldnt go below 27c!. I complained and the evening manager tried to find another room which was cooler but failed. The next morning we decided to check out early and go home but the morning manager was excellent, offered us another room and an interconnecting room for the kids. This really impressed me and made the remainder of the stay so much more comfortable and relaxing. The King bed seemed so much more luxurious and firm too.
The pool is only 12m long, so I would expect could get quite crowded.
The room service menu is quite limited, but kids meals are amazing value. For £5 they get a 3 course meal. Soup to start (which was chicken - an odd choice in my view as they both hated its relatively bland taste), fish or chicken nuggets with curly fries and baked beans for main, and then mousse/ice cream/sundae for desert. I had a jacket potato with chili for £6.50.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay but only because of a very good front desk manager. The hotel feels like an airport hotel or upscale travellodge rather than the country club in its name, but as a base and for the money it was good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank paulcooper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingfield
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!