“Good hotel in lovely surroundings”

Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lingfield
Reviewed July 7, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Marriott for a golf weekend.

The hotel itself is easy to reach, being not to far away from the main roads. The surroundings are absolutely beautifull. A lovely golf course, the racetrack and well maintained grounds made it an absolute pleasure.
There is also more than enough parking space.

Check-in was friendly and quick. Both our rooms had a nice view of the golf course and racetrack.
The rooms themselves were big enough and well equipped. Large balcony windows could be opened, which was nice as the weather was very sunny.
Altough our rooms were next to eachother and cost the same, it was strange that my room had a bathroom with a bath and my friends room only had a shower.
The rooms was very clean, just as the rest of the hotel.
The hotel was quite at night and the beds very comfortable.

Breakfast was really good, with ample choice of all things you could need.
We had dinner in the restaurant two nights in a row. Altough the restaurant was not full at any time, you could only choose from certain reservation times. I suppose this is because the kitchen staff can not keep up otherwise. The quality of the food caould only be described as only average, especially considering the price. The restaurant staff was competent and friendly each time.

There is a bar in the lobby, with a very nice outside sitting area. However, when there are more than 3 people at once trying to order it is clear the staff can not keep up. They work hard and really try to be quick, but at certain times there are simply not enough of them present. Also, there cash registry system seems to be time consuming when you're putting drinks on your room.

The golf course itself is absolutely beautifull : well kept, nice surroundings and views and a reasonable green fee. Just a pity someone stoll one of my clubs (but of course I cannot blame the hotel for that).

All in all, we had a pleasant stay at the Park Marriott and will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good hotel , food exelens and good staff
Small bathrom otherwise very good, we played the golf course and like the hotel , very good hopenext time i could see the horce races, only think i miss was abeds fore the sun :):)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

A conference style hotel in nice surroundings. Unique location, right on the race course and next to the golf club. Stayed 1 night as we were in the area visiting some local attractions. Room was a nice size, clean and comfortable. It faced the car park, like 50% of the rooms do, which meant we couldn't keep the window open due to the noise. Felt it was a little pricey, but then it was a weekend stay. The hotel has a corporate feel about it, rather than a weekend getaway or country club. Didn't use the spa facilities. The service and staff were friendly and efficient.
Breakfast was nice, but the food on the bar menu was well over priced and low quality (i.e. not local or home made). I wouldn't eat there again, I would try a local country pub. Didn't eat in the restaurant. All in all a nice weekend away, but I have stayed in more bijou/boutique hotels for less.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Came racing for the armed forces day the atmosphere was brilliant lots of entertainment for the children for our first racing experience it was great. We then dinned in your restaurant were Holly looked after us, Holly was very professional, very knowledgable about your resort supplying us with brochures and telling us about the next family friendly day which we plan to come too. The service from Holly was outstanding, Holly made us feel welcome and done everything she could to complete our stay, food was lovely and reasonably priced will 100% return to Lingfield park.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had a wedding to attend nearby at Hever Castle. This hotel seemed best choice given location & price. It's not exactly a luxury hotel but somewhere between a convention hotel/leisure. Having said that the rooms are nice but my carpet was littered with crumbs and though I stayed 2 nights and had spilt make-up on my sheets, they just the dirty sheets on! The room is very cheerful with a great view of the racecourse. It has modern small bathroom with good shower and bathroom amenities are very nice and replenished. Despite a few issues I thought the staff who looked after the rooms do a really good job and did little personal touches which put a smile on my face. There is also a good hair dryer and an ironing board & iron which is very rare to find in any hotels outside the US. Plus tea/coffee/kettle and if you bump into the crew they will give you biscuits!
I visited spa both days but really was incredible how difficult it was to get an appointment and I tried for 5 weeks to reach them. On arrival at the hotel I was told by a really ridiculously sour faced young girl, on main reception, that clearly I hadn't had a call back because the spa was fully booked ALL weekend. I asked if there was any chance, nope! I called the spa from room a few times but after couple of hours no one called me back. Blah blah blah long story but anyway imagine my surprise when I went to the spa found a couple of the team just chatting behind the desk and told me I hadn't called.... You get the picture. They need to work on the communication because I did get a few appointments and it was excellent on both days. Hotels can make good revenue on spas and in fact on my final day they told me they had many openings. No wonder if that kid on main reception is so badly selling the services of the spa by saying fully booked.
The restaurant was a big surprise, I had dinner and the food was really good. Lovely team running it and I was so surprised at the quality and cooking etc. breakfast is good but choice could maybe be a little greater but it hit the spot and hugely popular with the other residents. I think with warmer weather you can sit outside too. Bar was great, with tables outside, a big screen TV and a bar manager who seems completely dedicated to his job as he was always there. The hotel has a great team in all areas so the bad ones do stand out and what struck me was everyone even the guy cleaning the public toilets, the chefs, waitresses/waiters etc etc all have a huge sense of customer service, friendly happy in their jobs yet in reception, the area you which has a big contact with us, they have that young girl and another very snappy woman. But Donna was always picking up the pieces of the 2 sour ones. The young girl on reception watched me struggle in through the revolving door with my suitcase on crutches and both feet bandaged/1 broken & she just stared at me. Didn't budge. I would help anyone busy or not and there wasn't any other customers she is just in the wrong job. I like the Marriott hotels as the standard is always maintained and I got back very late but security man on the door was awesome and helped me in, securely checking me in and I like that feel of safety with a smile. This would be a good place for girlie spa break and golfing and horse racing plus you can walk to the village and I heard lots of good restaurants but the hotel restaurant is true gem.

Room Tip: Request head of your stay to get a room facing the racecourse, the view is really nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank tani267
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed for GBP 114 for 2 adults and 2 children ages 11 & 13 including breakfast, great value with two queen beds in the room. The property is nicely situated on the racecourse and easy to find with good free parking.

Rooms are clean and service pretty good although some of the breakfast items weren't ready when we came down.

Room Tip: Note the indoor pool is adults only between 11-3
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I always enjoy staying at this Marriott. You can walk to the train station and take the train to London (45 min to Victoria Station) or just relax in the beautiful English countryside setting. The breakfast buffet is very good. The rooms are new and clean, something that sets this hotel apart from most of the hotel properties typical of the UK. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingfield
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in East Grinstead
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick

Been to Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!