“Modern hotel with view of the race course”

Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lingfield
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This very modern property is located directly on the race course and also has a golf course. Very comfortable. Breakfast was great with Nikki as the chef at the omelette station. Service in the bar was a bit spotty. Beautiful location with a few restaurants (Indian, Pub) nearby. Many rooms have a view on the race track. Close to Gatwick Airport and short train ride to London City

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the race course
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here the night for our last minute1st wedding anniversary.

The hotel is situated in beautiful surroundings. .. it was really easy to access via train too.. would be lovely to stay there when it is summer.

As soon as we reached the hotel, we was greeted by concierge staff and also the manager. Who also gave us a free upgraded room as it was our anniversary. . However spabreaks.com took the money from me for this which is another story and we won't go into that fiasco.

The room was Nice and clean and had a balcony ooverlooking the race track.

We had set 3 course meal at the hotel restaurant which was absolutely delicious. . Both me and my husband are fussy eaters and found the food to be scrumptious.

The hotel spa facilities were good too.. with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam and sauna.. we both felt so relaxed after using.

The next day we both had a backmassage booked in. Being a spa therapist for nearly 10 years myself I am very particular with my treatments. However 'Nikki' our therapist was very professional and had a good touch. We both thoroughly enjoyed our treatment.

The breakfast in the morning was great too.

Thanks to all the staff at Marriott Lingfield, especially the manager who I think was called 'Andriano'. We were looked after really well and look forward coming again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent the night at the Marriott after a day at the races with friends. Rooms were very clean and spacious and included a few toiletries. We did not have an evening meal but did order a few bar snacks that were cooked very well and we did not have to wait long for them to come. Breakfast in the morning was a buffet but the food was all hot and continually being restocked. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel: The hotel was right next to the race course which was perfect for a day at the races. Checkin is from 3pm, but when we arrived at 3.15pm the room was not ready and we were told to return in an hour. This was disappointing as we had booked the Junior Suite, which was the highest grade room in the hotel (and the most expensive!). We returned at 4pm, the room as ready but check in was really slow depsite there being no queue. We ended up missing the grand national which we had hoped to watch in our room, was was annoying as checking could have been much faster. The room was large and clean. The view of the racecouse was not great though because it was on the corner of the hotel so races could not be watched from the room (room 119). A suite at the other end of the hotel would give a much better view.

Spa: The spa was such a disappointment. We arrived at 7pm on a sat evening and there were many unsupervised children running around, jumping into the jacuzzi and then into the pool, spalshing people trying to relax by the pool. It was not relxaing at all. There were only 3 beds to lay on by the pool, wjhich were all taken by peoples towels. The jacuzzi was colder than the swimming pool and the steam room and sauna were very small. The staff at the reception desk were very unprofessional - when we arrived and left, two reception girls were too busy chatting/flirting with some young male guests to notice that we were there.

We would return to the hotel but definately not the spa.

Room Tip: Junior suite 119 gave a poor view of the track despite being the highest room category. A suite on t...
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Kyle who was on reception when we arrived was very friendly and helpful, as we arrived without having booked a room.

The room was large and spacious and we had lovely views over the race and golf course.

The bedding is poor, the quilt is thin and not warm enough or big enough. My advice is to ask for additional bedding before you're in bed and realise you are cold! Also, not enough pillows.

The breakfast selection was good and we were charged £5.00 each so it was good value too. However, some of the restaurant staff need extra training! I asked for hot milk for my coffee and the person serving me looked at me as if she had never had such a request. My partner and I both got up at the same time to get some extra bits and the waiter cleared our plates, which contained food we were still eating and when I spoke to him I believe he struggled to understand me as english was not his first language.

In fairness to the staff we did go down to breakfast at 10.40 and it finishes at 11am, however they made it clear they wanted us to leave, at about 11.10 even though we were still eating. I would have thought 11.30 might be a reasonable cut off for the buffet items, with the kitchen closing at 11. We had to ask for bread and bagels as there were none left, and all the pastries and muffins had gone. The poached eggs were superb.

We didn't use the spa or gym. Overall I thought it was a nice place to stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get the larger room with a view.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed over the Easter weekend and had a nice room overlooking the racecourse and putting green. However, our room was not cleaned and the chairs and bedding was covered with long blonde hairs! We asked for it to be rectified but they did it half heartedly. We also had pre-requested a feather free room as my son has a feather allergy, and we were given really awful poor quality "disposable" (but clearly used!!) pillows which were flat as a pancake! The state of the quilts also left alot to be desired! We have stayed at other Marriott hotels and the bedding has always been good quality, and ironically they had a brochure next to the bed selling the bedding and pillows, but the ones provided certainly did not match those!

Although nice views from our room, we were directly above the golf clubhouse which meant that we were woken by the early golf players chatting below. Also, they were smoking which carried into the room, not nice if you're a non-smoker!

The communal areas of the hotel ie corridors etc were clean, and it was very quiet, apart from few screaming kids!

The hotel was fully booked and there was a distinct lack of staff serving at the bar and restaurant at breakfast time! Everything took several requests and was just frustrating as they must've known that the Easter weekend would be busy!

The pool is very small and heavily chlorinated. Again no staff to clean pool and changing areas, which was disappointing.

My husband played golf a couple of times, and enjoyed it but said it wasn't the best kept course.

The actual location of the hotel is quite remote, although the village is nearby and has a pub, couple of restaurants etc.

Enjoyed the break, but would not stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in a suite overlooking the course. PERFECT spot. We woke up each morning to a vast expanse of green course...and the room was west facing so sunsets were cool! Room was faultless. Lovely size, great super king bed and we had an additional child bed in there too - no probs! Facilities were excellent. Great gym and pool. The pool if anything was a little warm! But I really am picking here... The breakfast is excellent. Something Marriott does very well. The chefs were helpful and accommodating. Food selection great. Staff were lovely and helpful. We did not try any spa treatments so I can't comment.
My only grumble was the restaurant & bar menus were limited and expensive. But there are many great local places to eat...
If I could give half stars this would be 4.5 stars.

Room Tip: Go for course facing rooms...suites if you can stretch that far - good value and worth the extra!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lingfield
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!