Well, after having read so many poor reviews, it is fair to say we were very hesitant about staying. We were attending a friends birthday in The Pavilion [which was excellent - food was a BBQ with own chef, perfectly cooked], and a few of us booked to stay the evening. We had a family room, for myself, husdband, 7 and 12 year old sons. The room was refurbished and lovely, very clean and comfortable. Fair better than some big chain hotels. Lots of attention to detail. Other friends had rooms, including the deluxe and standard - again all wonderful. Will we be coming back, absolutely!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Guy's Thatched Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel