After reading the previous reviews i find it hard to believe we stayed at the same place! I visited guys and stayed in a a deluxe executive suite (room 23).It was lovely and clean and very modern with a nice relaxing theme to the wet room. The only fault i found was the annoying air freshener that went off automatically!
The food in guys restaurant was of excellent standard and left me feeling rather full and certainly did not taste like it was fresh from a microwave !!! as stated by others.
As the saying goes you get what you pay for and that is probably why the standard rooms are a little dated. I would however definately recommend guys and the deluxe rooms to anybody
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel