I have been going to Guys for years, I'm now 30 and have regularly stayed or had meals in Guys. I do enjoy staying there though basic it is always clean, the staff always helpful and the surroundings are beautiful especially in the summer. I stayed the weekend just gone on the TGIF deal on the Friday night, which in all fairness is a pretty good one. We ate in the Eating Establishment on the Friday night and to be honest I couldn't wait for my meal to end! I had hot potted bay shrimps to start, now bearing in mind the last time I stayed at Guys, (about a year ago) I could of ate three starters of the shrimps, they were gorgeous, this time however they came in a cast iron pot, which was hot, with a piece of half toasted bread which had sucked up the juices and gone soggy, with the salad inside the cast iron pot!! TASTELESS is the only way I could describe them. I'd just like to add aswell that from placing my order to them being on the table they were there in 4 mins flat (Microwave????) I don't like to complain as I worked in a restaurant when I was younger and know what happens when you do, so I sat waiting for my carbonara........
My boyfriend who is a meat and two veg kind of guy, tried some of my carbonara and said he'd had better from Tesco Basics, I was just shocked that a restaurant I had loved for years has fallen foul of the microwave mentality, I think someone needs to send Gordon Ramsey in quick. My boyfriend however did enjoy his meal (Guy's pot)
Other than that I still love staying at Guys, it's good value always have a comfy bed and is fantastic setting for a cool beer on a summers day, just think maybe they need a new chef! Although breakfast is still lovely and very much gut busting :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Guy's Thatched Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel