we stayed on the 17th Feb 2013 as a valentines treat. my husband booked it as a surprise an what a pleasant experience it was. A couple of negative points first, we found a voucher code to have a 3 course meal which stated "any day, everyday!" when we rung up to book we were told "oh that's a mistake on the website and no offers run on a sunday." Secondly I would have to say the receptionist on arrival wasn't very welcoming. she wasn't rude but didn't go out of her way to give guests a warm welcome. we were told our room wasn't ready even though it was past our check in time. this wasn't a problem but she didn't seem particually bother by it. It was extremely busy as the ice rink was on, it is nice to see the owners generating business on what could be a quiet period. when we got into our room (35) we were thrilled. it was finished to a high standard and very modern. the spa bath was to die for and after a long walk by the scenic canal and a lovely evening meal it was the perfect way to unwind. unfortunately you could hear the spa bath in the next room too which is unfortunate as its such a lovely touch. the price of the room was great value and it had a lovely, relaxed atmosphere. we would return without a doubt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel