We stayed at this hotel on their 'Friday Night Feeling' deal. This is £80 for a standard double room, a £20 voucher off your evening meal, 1/2 a bottle of wine with your evening meal and breakfast the following morning.
The standard room we stayed in was absolutely faultless. I cannot put a negative comment on anything. I have stayed in many hotels and no standard rooms have been as nice as this. The double bed was huge, all sheets clean, carpet clean, walls looked freshly decorated, bathroom looked as if we were the first people to step into it, very clean and modern. Check-in was fast and easy. We had to pay on arrival.
The evening meal was delicious. The restaurant was full, however we were still served very fast and personally by one waiter. Food was all hot, and they even boxed up my pizza that i couldn't finish.
The only slight downside to this hotel is the noise. I think at the moment it is attracting the wrong type of guest with its offers. Obviously they have to put offers on to keep people coming however i think the offers need to be at a higher cost to not attract groups of friends coming for a drunken night out. There was a group in the room down the corridor from us that were up running up and down till around 2:30am. These were women in their late 40's so i honestly don't think putting the price up would bother them but maybe put some kind of security guard on at night to keep other guests happy and turf the guests out that aren't respecting others.
Minus this, the hotel is amazing and we will go again but maybe take some ear plugs next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Guy's Thatched Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel