Guy's Thatched Hamlet
$64
$64
$74
PremierInn.com
The Claremont Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
$83
The Park Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
$47
$46
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspa bathexecutive roomsunday saverlancaster canalowd nellscanal sidemain restaurantbirthday treatvisited guysguys restaurantbar areabuffet styleevening mealcar parkcannot faultfull englisha lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We called in to Owd Nell's for food and a drink it seemed very nice ,girls at the bar were friendly we sat had a drink my husband went to bar for another drink he was served this time by a young lad no smile, no manners and when my husband asked for a different glass for the bottle of drink that I was drinking (as I do not like a pint glass) he was told by the rude young lad " That is the glass that goes with the drink, sorry to inform this lad but he is wrong and if he is not happy in his job he should not be there and manners cost nothing or maybe he should be sent on customer care. We did not stay for a meal.We can not comment on the hotel as we did not stay there just called in for a drink the bar area was clean, toilets were clean,they also had a lovelt television room with sofa's.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the hotel only called in for a drink
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago for 2 nights as I was on a business trip. I have to say in my line of work I travel up & down the country to various hotels and believe me I have stayed in some dives but my goodness this has to be up there with some or if not the worst!! The room I stayed in looked as like the bed had already been slept in & I found a few stray hairs on the sheets, the bath & the toilet quite cleary hadn't been cleaned in what looked like a decade, the bath had scum around it, the room itself stunk of a combination of wet dog & cigarette smoke. It was like faulty towers I just wanted to get my things and run, unfortunately I wasn't able to do that so I made my way to reception to see whether I could move rooms, only to be met by the rudest receptionist on the planet who said i couldn't move rooms as they were fully occupied & if I didn't like it I didn't have to stay. So I had to grin and bear it, surely it couldn't get any worse? How wrong was I? I didn't get a wink of sleep as the people next door were so noisy slamming doors & they had there tv on so loud I knew what they were watching I got so sick of it I rung reception to see if they could go & ask them to be quiet, they said they would obviously this didn't happen because the loud noise continued until about 5 in the morning. After my sleepless night I went to get some breakfast in the restaurant, it was 8 am so still early & it does say breakfast is served until 10.30 well I wanted the cooked breakfast option so I went over to the self service counter to get my breakfast & all that was left was a couple of rashers of burnt bacon, a scoop of beans & one measly slice of fried bread. I decided not to bother, I had a bowl of cereal & a piece of fruit. I had enough I made my way back to the room, packed my belonging & left. I reported back to my manager who couldn't apologise enough & has said he wont book any of his staff in there again. He wrote to guys court asking for a refund but they refused him point blank. My advice for anyone stay well clear, this is the grottiest hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank klsmfc
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband & stayed at Guy's Lodge for two nights for our wedding anniversary. We had booked the double executive room with whirlpool jacuzzi bath. When we arrived we were dissapointed at the standard of the room, and how basic it was for the money you pay. The room wasnt all that clean either, there was mould on the tiles in the bathroom, hairs & dust in the drawers & stained carpets. I dont think they keep up with the maintanance of the rooms either as we couldnt flush the toilet properly, the shower kept overflowing leaving the bathroom covered in water! Numreous of light bulbs not working, i would also like to add the rooms are very dark & stuffy with very little light or air for that matter. And it was quite noisey as the walls are paper thin but i suppose it all depends on who your neighbours are. I would never stay here again & certainly would'nt recommened this place to anyone...probably the worse place we've stayed at!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank pksmeth
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked into Owd nels on the weekend of the 21July 2012. Because of the Golf at Lytham the price had gone up to £95.00p for the room for one night. The room stank of stale tobacco smoke and there was wet rot in the wood work in the bathroom. My partner refused to have a shower and decide to wait till she got home. Not a good experience for £95.00 per night. In the morning we also got charged for breakfast. Not value for money by a long charged. The last room I had with that sort of smell was a Formula 1 Hotel in Calais but I was on a lads trip and it cost 13 euros for four of us and we could not get any accommodation so it was the last choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mickeric
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at Guys for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding in nearby Garstang. Our stay was also at the same time as the annual cider festival.

Check-in was painless, smooth and efficient. The lady on reception was very friendly and welcoming. Plenty of parking on site.

We had treated ourselves to an Executive Room with a double whirlpool bath, wetroom style shower and tv in the bathroom. The room was very pleasant - clean, modern and spacious. A little dark maybe, but we could have pulled the net curtain back to let in a bit more light but we chose not to. Bathroom was very spacious and the tv in there was a novelty! Walls are paper thin, but this wasn't a major problem - I guess it depends on your neghbours!

Whirlpool bath was very nice - enjoyed relaxing in there and watching a bit of tv whilst the bubbles were going! Shower was also very nice, but unfortunately the water ran all over the bathroom floor so after your shower, if you wanted to get back in the bathroom to the sink, you needed to wear shoes.

The first night we ate in Owd Nells where the food was good. The extra-large icecreams are fabulous for sharing! A good selection of food available. Lots of real ales available aswell. As it was the cider festival, there were lots of different ciders on aswell as an outdoor BBQ and live entertainment. It was a lot busier on Saturday night!

Breakfast wasn't included in the room price, but was reasonably priced at about £7 for full english or £4 for continental. It's all self-service but very tasty and in nice surroundings. Staff very friendly and welcoming.

Check-out was easy as you have to pay upfront and we paid cash for anything else we had as we went along. Unfortunately the lady on Reception at check out time was not particularly friendly. Such a shame as everyone esle we had met was very friendly and welcoming.

Guys is located on the canal which is a lovely setting and we had a lovely walk along the canal in the afternoon. Not sure what else there is nearby as we were only in the area for a wedding so didn't have time for any other sight-seeng. However, I would definitely recommend Guys for a relaxing break in an unusual setting with friendly staff. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple