Never been to Guys before, it was recommended by a work colleagues we wanted somewhere nice to walk our dogs and get a bite to eat.
The walk along the canal was nice so then we went into Owd Nells to get some lunch. You can take dogs into the pub when eating but we decided to sit outside as it was a nice day. We ordered a burger, steak sandwich & 2 soft drinks. The pub was busy with drinkers as it was Paddy's Day & a few people ordering food. After 40 minutes of waiting my Husband went to ask where it was, we weren't given a wait time but thought what we ordered wasn't too tasking. The guy who took my order at the bar came out to ask us what we ordered, I gave him my receipt to show him and he said he would go check on it. Thought this was a little strange, he should have known what we'd ordered. We waited another 10 minutes and no-one returned so my Husband went in again to check what was going in. He came back out with a young waiter who asked to take my receipt. He then came back and said there had been a problem with the check's and they had been mixed up. They would start to make the food now but it would be 30 minutes...for a steak sandwich & a burger- that they had messed up! I said I didn't understand how they were mixed up, my check must have been lost as it wasn't like my order went to the wrong table!
We needed to be somewhere in 20 minutes time so asked for our money back. My Husband went in to deal with this and came back with the money for our food...they charged us for our soft drinks despite making us wait for 1 hour in total for 2 sandwiches that didn't show up!!! I was so angry but he didn't want me to go back in. I work in hotels and know that throughout the entire industry if you mess someone's food or order up they at least get a free round of drinks. We didn't even get so much as an apology...we will not be going back again unfortunately. Staff just didn't have a clue what was going on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel