My partner booked a night at Guys as a birthday suprise and OMG what a suprise it was, certaily one I will never forget. We stayed in one of "PLUSH" rooms, far from plush and certainly not worth £85 a night. When we arrived and checked in my partner asked to confirm the time of the booking for the evening meal and they had us booked in an hour earlier than my partner had asked and sighed when we wanted it changing. We went for a drink which was good and the bar staff were very helpful. We went for the meal, ordered and our started was taken to another table and then waited for around 30mins for our main course. The food wasn't good enough for what they charged, I've had better meals at half the cost. We went back to the room and then the noise began and carried on till 4:30am. We did complain to the manager at around 1:30am and asked if we could be moved to another room. The manager did speak to the couple in the next room and there was silence for all of 30 seconds. We could hear everything the couple were doing and saying and I mean EVERTHYING. If we hadn't had a drink I would of left. Breakfast, well I wish I hadn't bothered, total waste of more money. In total we spent around £200 and my advice to others would be, go spend you hard earned money else where.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a canal-side hamlet of thatched roofed buildings and you're thinking Guy's Thatched Hamlet, just off the A6 at Bilsborrow near the market town of Garstang. You will find Guy's Eating Establishment and pizzeria nestling next to the atmospheric Owd Nell's Tavern, Guy's Lodge and School House Square. Guy's Restaurant & Pizzeria with its eyebrow window that is the largest in Europe always offers great hospitality with excellent local and international cuisine cooked in our kitchens and open pizzeria.Owd Nell's Tavern serves such traditional delights as home-made beef steak and kidney pudding, local game in season, chargrilled Aberdeen Angus Scottish steaks and fresh fish from Fleetwood. These are just a few meals from the extensive mouth-watering menu.Relax on our canalside patios were you can eat and drink whilst watching the canal barges and ducks, or on the tavern deck, our roof terrace drinking area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Guy's Thatched Hamlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guy`s Thatched Hamlet Hotel Bilsborrow
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Preston
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Hotel