“Lovely Lunch and artistic creation with the children”

Aston Pottery & Trading Company
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Aston
More attraction details
Owner description: Aston Pottery is a multi-award winning pottery, gift shop, cafe and gardens in the quiet Cotswold village of Aston, Oxfordshire. Offering something for visitors all year-round, we are a fabulous place for all ages to spend an afternoon. If you are interested in learning about the craft of pottery making we offer group tours and demonstrations throughout most of the year, or for those who want to get more hands-on you can decorate you own pottery every Saturday in our shop (due to popularity all activities must be booked in advance). Our Gardens offer a spectacular array of plants, flowers, bees and butterflies from mid-April through to September and lunch in our cafe is not to be missed. For those unable to visit us, you can learn more and browse some of our most popular pottery designs through our website. We design, manufacture and hand-decorate all our pottery in our on site workshop using a unique combination of craft and industrial techniques.
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Lovely Lunch and artistic creation with the children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Its the summer holidays and how to keep 2 teenagers and a 8yr old entertained! Well we booked in for an hours worth of pottery painting and the kids had a blast. Even the teenagers!
We also decided to eat in the cafe for lunch ahead of time and we really enjoyed the homemade sausage rolls and salads. The place was pretty full at noon and I am not surprised. The home made cakes and scones looked amazing as did the sandwiches and flans and salads. 4 of ate with drinks for £25.
The shop has some really cute items and I will definitely go back when I am in need of a gift.
All in all a great place to enjoy a couple of hours between lunch, shopping and pottery painting. A good option for the school holidays!
Note: we did book in for the painting as its not offered everyday and we have to go back to collect it in 2 weeks.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Punam71

Poole, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A really nice little stop off”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just popped into the pottery today, what a lovely shop, the pottery isn't cheap, but what is? lots of pottery and lovely gifts. We didn't eat or drink there, but it looked nice. What I did love was the gardens, an amazing display of plants in a small area, and black bees, apparently rare..... well I've never seen them before! If we are ever in the area again I'll make a point of stopping off there again.

Visited August 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Homemade Cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was taken here by my wife when my mother came to visit. Admittedly not the type of place I am going to get excited about but whilst they looked around the shop I was able to play with my son in the garden whilst enjoy a drink and home made cake.

Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A Delightful Find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Was taken to Aston Pottery to enjoy a view of the special range of pottery, made on site. What a wonderful range on show in the shop especially if you are in to floral and specialised designs. The shop also sells costume jewellery, floral soap and lotions , scarfs, cards, prints and wood toys etc. Nice for buying gifts.
The surrounding flower beds are absolutely lovely with traditional cottage garden plants on show. Also a short floral walkway to enjoy.

The cafe sold a super range of home made cakes, served all day. Light savoury snacks available. We enjoyed taking our food outside in the garden.
Although it is a small venue, it is worth a visit. I understand that the Christmas displays, themed Christmas trees etc are a delight.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

A delightful visit for shopping and a really good lunch in a wonderful setting, great value to. Thanks so much