“great place to dine.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Uddingston B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“great place to dine.”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My wife and I together my daughters family have visited the retaurant on several occasions the last being 6th Feb 2012. We have never had a bad meal there. The food is varied and the portions excellent. The menu we have always had is "2 for 1" On this occasion my wife and I had steak with Diane sauce ,onion rings in batter,chips and peas. The others in our party had various items including salmon,steak pie,tuna salad and they even catered for my grandson who has a milk allergy. Being greedy only five of our party of seven managed desserts which were huge and delicious. Although the restaurant was almost full the service was spot on and attentative. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: we only dined there.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank JohnM2104

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Haven't been to Angels for about thirty years and this visit didn't shatter fond memories.
Nice welcome for lunch only and shown to a table in a friendly efficient manner. Without being rushed, even though they were busy, we received drinks and had our food order taken although I caused a problem by choosing from two menus this was overcome by the friendly waitress.
Having a look round after thirty years I would say it has improved and is quite a smart, mainstream market sort of diner.
The food all seemed freshly prepared and was very tasty indeed with quite a bit of choice on the menus.
The food arrived and was served quietly but professionally with the usual courtesies about condiments, drinks etc., and then we were left to enjoy what was very good food.
Plenty of car parking and a certainty that I'll be back to enjoy the friendly staff and the good food.
Well done.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jimmy918
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Hi All
Just returned yesterday from a 3day weekend in Angels in Uddingston, Glasgow and I am still grinning :). We arrived on Friday midday via train from Glasgow Central and the train stopped just down the road from the Hotel which was a good start. I don’t know what I was expecting... maybe something like the b+b's in Blackpool etc but I was pleasantly surprised by the modern clean lounge and restaurant. The reception we received was warm and welcoming and the floor staff couldn’t do enough to settle all seven of us in. We had booked out all the 5 rooms and (just to note all the rooms contain small single beds so those planning a romantic getaway might want to push their beds together) all of the rooms were clean, bright and well decorated with tea + coffee making facilities. Bed linen was spotless as was the bathroom.
The food that we were served was amazing and the portions were hugely welcomed especially after a long journey. We stayed in the lounge for the night and the only downside was that the restaurant attached turns into a nightclub after 11'ish so the place was jammed packed with all the young and beautiful of the area but there was no trouble that we could see. The music goes on till 1am but myself and family were not disturbed by the noise as we had retired to our rooms by 12.
The next morning we received a well served breakfast but the downside was that it was last served at 9:30 or even worse(hangover) on a Sunday was 9:00am. This I presume is to cater for their lunch trade but maybe the extra half hour on a Sunday could be observed too as it just was way too early to crawl out of bed after a night out.
As a hotel owned by an ex-footballer, I was apprehensive as to what to expect, would it be full of rowdy larger louts etc... but I have to say I was so impressed and surprised that I now feel guilty of even those thoughts. The hotel is well kept, fabulously decorated, spotless clean and the staff are so friendly and nice that it was made to feel like a home away from home. The hotel observes a no jersey rule (Although this was bent for all of us on the Saturday morning for the Ireland vs Australia Rugby Game) and has a general clientele of older or more respectable patrons.
I can not praise the owner Mr. Harry Hood (a true gentleman) and his staff highly enough and I hope that when we return in the future we get to stay there again.

Allison
Ireland

Room Tip: Rooms 1+2 are single and rooms 3,4+5 are Double/triple
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Allison1707
Angmering, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Noisy place for B& B as the rooms are above a very busy bar & restaurant. The TV didn't work, cups weren't washed when the room was serviced, bathroom ceiling looks like they have problems with dampness

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank BeverlyS_kiwi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uddingston
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
The Alona Hotel
The Alona Hotel
#5 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Angels Hotel Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!