“Stunning gem of a restaurant. A must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn
Cuisines: British, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Bull Inn, Wimborne St Giles, has been transformed from what was a very tired looking village pub near the Cranborne chase in to what is now a comfortable, light, yet firmly rural destination. The menu offers delicious modern British cooking at its best, prepared by our Chef, Ian Craddock. From dishes such as home cooked venison pies to salt baked Bream, there is something for everyone using local ingredients in the daily changing menu. The wine list offers an array of wines by the glass, along with a changing bin end list offering superb value Chateaux & Domaines from France. We have three real ale pumps on hand to quench the thirst, with ales from local brewers.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Stunning gem of a restaurant. A must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family and I decided to venture out in the snow to find a place to eat that we had not been to before. I am so glad that we discovered The Bull at Wimborne St Giles. What a wonderful little English Village this pub/restaurant is located in.

We were greeted on arrival to a brilliant welcome of a roaring fire, friendly locals and a really nice menu. We ordered drinks and selected our food and sat happily waiting to be seated in the conservatory.

When we sat down to eat, we just had brilliant service. The staff at The Bull can really not do enough for you while you are there. Very friendly staff who treated my family like special guests. In fact, my wife and I both chose the Pork Belly (mine as a roast) and the staff heard my children ask us for the crackling and offered the kids their own piece even though they had beef. They later offered more yorkshires to us and as a really nice gesture, as we were ordering coffee, the children were offered a small hot chocolate each. Places that treat Children nicely are great in my book.

The food standard was amazing. All cooked to perfection and presented fantastically.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. As I was leaving, I asked the landlord about the rooms available as I think a weekend trip to the area may be forthcoming and he was kind enough to show me two of the unoccupied rooms. The rooms look amazing and I am seriously considering a weekend trip to the area and basing myself at The Bull.

The Bull is a must visit for anyone wanting a really English pub/restaurant located in a beautiful village.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank TravelMiles125

London
“Relaxing weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We've just returned from a weekend at the Bull Inn. Our room was very nice, with a very comfortable bed and a decent shower (although a little kettle and some teabags wouldn't have gone amiss, rather than the coffee machine, but that's just nitpicking!) The service from everyone at the Inn was fantastic, really helpful and always trying to find a solution, with a real can-do attitude. And the food was fantastic, with very hearty and utterly delicious meals (we originally thought we would try somewhere else on the Saturday night, but after our meal on the Friday, we couldn't see the point in not "eating in" again) Breakfasts are also excellent with sour dough bread baked freshly on the premises that morning, and really high quality ingredients. Would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to explore a very beautiful part of the country, or anyone just looking to get away from it all for a bit.

• Visited January 2013
bournemouth
“Overall, pricey and pretentious”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our food was well-cooked and tasty. However, we will not return because the (pretentious) menu was overpriced and 10% was automatically added to the bill for an obligatory gratuity, chef served vegetables onto serving dishes by hand and when he came out of the kitchen to stand at the bar, looked decidedly unkempt, and waiter - or maitre d' / manager - bordering on the arrogant, (other waiters were very polite).

• Visited December 2012
Blandford
“The Bull revisited.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We used to go to The Bull fairly regularly but began to find it inconsistent. We decided to give it another go - mostly because we'd left our booking until the last minute and our other regulars were fully booked! Having not been for a while, it was a good surprise to find that there is a new Head Chef, who has devised an excellent menu. All three courses were delicious and well presented, and with an original twist. The staff are all friendly and helpful and the food and wine reasonably priced (which we are finding with many places during these current times). If, like us, you have not been to The Bull for a while, it's definitely worth a revisit. Equally, if you've not been before, it's well worth giving it a try.

• Visited December 2012
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Great food in a delightful village pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

A village of Olde England with a true gastro-pub offering superbly cooked food, albeit at above average prices. But I'm happy with that. Beautifully decorated and comfortable but informal. The proprietor really knows his wines which are excellent, but again with prices to match. Good local beers for those on a budget!

• Visited November 2012