“Don't order lasagne”

L'Auberge du Gouffre de Padirac
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Padirac
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food we ate in our month in France was overwhelmingly very good, and almost every place we ate I gave a 5. But I have to be honest about our lunch here. I don't get as many vegetables in my diet as I should, so having had a very nice vegetable lasagne elsewhere in France, I ordered one here. What I got was a oblong dish full of slop with green pieces in it, which I guess was the vegetables, with a single sheet of pasta on top of it, with cheese on top of that, which had barely melted, without any browning and caramelisation whatever. That's not lasagne! It was completely inedible. To be fair, my wife was satisfied with her meal, and the frites she shared with me were great, very crunchy. Service and price were also fine. Don't be deterred from visiting the cave system, it's great, but I'd suggest eating somewhere else.

Date of visit: September 2019
Alexandra C, Responsable Communication & Marketing at L'Auberge du Gouffre de Padirac, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings after your recent meal at the Auberge du Gouffre.
We are glad your wife enjoyed her entire meal, and that you found the service and prices fine. Nevertheless, we sincerely are sorry that it was not the case for your dish. Apparently your Lasagna were not acceptable. Did you mention it to the waitress ? Surely it would be possible to change it or to ask it to be oven cooked a bit more. Be sure we'll warn our staff to improve their guest listening and guest satisfaction.
Hoping that you will want to be once again seduced by the beauty of this extraordinary natural monument in the future, and that you will also entirely enjoy your meal at the Auberge du Gouffre.

Write a reviewReviews (355)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After a 30 minute wait to be seated (2.30 - 3pm) where most people in the queue just gave up and went away, we decide rather than a cooked lunch on a simple snack and cold drinks as the single waitress was clearly under pressure to both serve and clear tables in a 50 cover establishment.
20 minutes later our order was taken and arrived at 3.30pm.
Our gauffres were pleasant enough but ‘fast food ‘ it was not!

Date of visit: September 2019

Dear Sir, dear Madam,
We sincerely apologise for the situation you describe in your comment. Be sure we'll warn our staff to improve our quality services and guest satisfaction.
Hoping that you will want to be once again seduced by the beauty of this extraordinary natural monument in the future, and that you will also spend an enjoyable moment at the Auberge du Gouffre.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

The waiter seemed in a hurry, and not to much worried with the service level ... anyhow, the ice cream was ok!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Came to grab a quick bite one we had left the caves. Friendly enough staff, but the croque arrived virtually uncooked, and rather than tell us they could serve my wife, just didn't bother bringing food. Coffee was ok, I suppose,but go somewhere else to eat.

Date of visit: June 2018
Alexandra C, Responsable Communication & Marketing at L'Auberge du Gouffre de Padirac, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Dear sir,
Many thanks for sharing your experience after your snack at the BUVETTE DU GOUFFRE in the shadded park, in front of the entrance pavilion.
We are sorry to read the croques you had were disappointing, and forward your comments to the restaurants manager to fix it with corrective actions.
We hope we wil welcome you for an other visit of the Gouffre de Padirac.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

After finishing our tour of the cave, we were starving. Rather than wait, we decided to just eat as soon as possible. This restaurant is just outside the cave entrance and we didn't really expect much from a busy tourist site. We were very pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed the food. Also, the staff were extremely nice. Definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: May 2018