“Excellent B&B”
Review of Amanda's B&B

Amanda's B&B
Ranked #2 of 21 Gonubie B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst traveling from Addo to KZN but it would have been a pleasure to stay longer. Our room was spotlessly clean; with all the white tiles and white linens that is no mean feat! Our host was charming, friendly and helpful. A great overnight stop or good for a longer stay (the beach at the river mouth looked very inviting).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca B

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This B&B was a bit of a surprise for us and we did'nt expect much from it, since it was a stop for us somewhere in the middle of ZAF. Amanda was very welcoming, we felt like coming home to a family member. Her B&B , the rooms, the descriptions, the furiture, bathroom, all is simple perfection. I have never seen something as tidy and clean as this place before, this B&B princess really takes care of her business and this is what a B&B is about. She lives this, so I can highly recommend a stay. She's also right at the beach, with the fantastic calming sound of the sea. The town nearby is not spectacular but hey this place is great for a short stay, cannot go wrong.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ted_and_Chantal
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The decor of the room was really classy and the breakfast was wholesome! For me, the BnB set-up doesn't suit me personally as I want my key and to be left alone. There were too many rules plastered all over the cabinets in the room, I felt more like a teenager being scolded than a guest! I am sure there are compelling reasons for these notices to be placed, but they do make you as a guest feel as if you are imposing yourself in someone's home! Something that the management must think smartly about going forward!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a seaview and a balcony especially if you are a smoker, like me!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Amanda's website says "Affordable Luxury" and that is exactly what we got when we stayed there last week. We were lucky enough to get the Honeymoon Room, even though we are old crocks celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary but in Gonubie for family reasons, but Amanda really went out of her way to make our experience special. Those extra touches meant a great deal to me because for various reasons we couldn't celebrate in a more grandocious style. The facility was spotlessly clean, spacious and with just enough luxury not to be pretentious. Even us arriving an hour early for breakfast was no problem and taken in their stride. We will definitely stay here again. Comparing to what else was available in the price-range offered, Amanda's B&B was a good choice.

Room Tip: We had the Honeymoon Suite, but I am sure that the other rooms would be great. This room has its own...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tenikwa
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Had two night stay with my husband in Gonubie this weekend and what a treat. Remember to ask for the Honeymoon suite which has the perfect scenery. We watched the waves on the bed in the mornings and it was a real treat. Amanda made the best breakfast and it was a lovely short walk to the beach.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helenseaborne
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We spent one night at Amanda's on March 18, 2012, on our way down to Cape Town. The room was tastefully decorated with comfortable beds. We were on the ground floor - so no view of the ocean from there. Breakfast was delicious and served with a smile. My son and I were sharing the room and the only negative comment I have about Amanda's is that there is no partition or door between the room and the bathroom and toilet. This may be fine for couples, but certainly not for mother and son or even friends sharing a room. If I had known this, I would not have booked at Amanda's.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the ocean, book an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Our ocean facing room was lovely. Roll top bath, luxurious towels and bed linen. Tasty breakfasts although 7am to 8am for breakfast was too early for us however Amanda was so welcoming I'm sure we could have asked for a later start. Really good value. Ganubie is def worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2011