“Great value booking, found via Groupon”

and 1 more site!
Soar Chapel Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First of all, everyone ignore the review titled 'Oh My God'; that person has clearly never stayed at Soar Chapel Guest house, or, has written it for the wrong location; very malicious!
My Wife and I went to Soar Chapel Guest house to do some walking in the Brecon Beacons; the welcome we received was first rate and, having been given a choice of rooms we'd have been delighted with any of them; ours was beautiful.
The breakfast was first rate and the use of the lounge at any time was good to have.
I would recommend when eating out to book your table as the pub restaurants seem to get busy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Soar Chapel Guest House

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My partner and I had a lovely stay here in February 2013 and intend to return.

Our room was huge, very comfy and perfectly clean- we were in the room with the jacuzzi which was fab. There were even home made welsh cakes when we arrived.

Lesley, Chloe and family were very helpful when we had any queries about things to do and places to go.

I found out about Soar Chapel through a Groupon deal (or a similar voucher site) and though I didn't book through them, Soar Chapel were happy to help honour the special winter offer. They were also very helpful when we had to amend our booking and move it from November back to February due to a work commitment.

We only had breakfast at Soar Chapel but this was lovely. I don't eat meat but they did a vegetarian alternative for me.

The one negative review on this site is entirely unrecognisable to me based on my experience of Soar Chapel Guest House and I would fully recommend them to anyone looking for a quiet comfortable break. The family that run it really go the extra mile to make sure you have a nice holiday and I'm totally baffled by the negative review, as you will be too if you visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We found this lovely guest house on the internet,and what a gem ! The whole family were very pleasant indeed.The room we had was very comfy and clean.We had an evening meal with wine an it was delicious.The breakfast was excellent too. The whole time we stayed at Soar Chapel we were made to feel very relaxed and happy. We cannot praise this family and their lovely guest house enough.
What a lovely place it is right in the middle of the beautiful Welch Brecon beacons.

SUPERB !!!

Steve and Linda. CroxleyHerts.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We Stayed here last year and had a warm welcome, excellent food and a very high standard of accommodation at favourable rates. Ignore any malicious review of this establishment. Book your break in confidence and enjoy it. It is close to lovely countryside in the Brecons and Valleys,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay away with work a lot and have rarely found such a wonderful experience. I arrived very very late and was still made to feel extremely welcome, the staff treated me like family and the breakfast was to die for. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have now stayed at the Soar Chapel more times than I can count at least 5 I think. The people are charming, Leslie is an amazing host and her family make the stay at the Chapel standout head and shoulders above the competition. The house is delightful, the food brilliant and incredible value for money.

Room Tip: the Blue room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The previous (and may I point out the only negative review) is absolutely the opposite of the truth (in my humble opinion). I have stayed at this guest house twice and absolutely loved it both times. The food is divine and everyone who works at the guest house cannot do enough to help you and make your stay exceptional. The family are one of the friendliest I have ever met - I felt like I was just invited to be part of their family for the weekend. I loved every second of it and would recommend a stay without hesitation. (I can only assume that the previous review is confusing this Guest House with another.)

Room Tip: I stayed in a twin room which was lovely and modern but every room I saw looked just as good!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Gliffaes Country House Hotel
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa
The Angel
The Angel
#1 of 3 in Abergavenny

Been to Soar Chapel Guest House? Share your experiences!