Soar Chapel Guest House
$92
$242
$72
$70
Premier inn Abergavenny Hotel(Llanfoist)(Great Value!)
$61
Orbitz.com
Castle Hotel(Merthyr Tydfil)
$61
  • Room Service
Travelodge Merthyr Tydfil(Merthyr Tydfil)(Great Value!)
$54
Travelodge
$99
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewshigh standardwelsh cakeslovely placecooked breakfaststayed for two nightsbrecon beaconsthe ground floora lovely staytwo night stayon arrivalshort driveother guestsgood sizefirst floorbig pitjacuzzi bathlittle gem
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We, two adults,stayed at this B &B on a special offer 25 /27 July 2012 for two nights. Made most welcomed on arrival and allocated the green room. ...the room was very spacious, suitable for a small family, large bathroom with double shower and jacuzzi.,walk in wardrobe, tea/coffee and delicious welsh cakes. Enjoyed our stay, lovely house but not an ideal location. We were lucky with the weather and visited as much of the area as possible, lovely area... an evenning meal was offered but we chose to try local pubs/restuarants, we found a gem located a 15-20 min drive away in Blaenavon called the Butterflies restaurant, try it! enjoyed the large breakfasts and the hospitality of the family ran guest house.

Room Tip: Take advantage of special offers through the internet!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G H G
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here on a trip to see my mum and pops who live in Wales and all I can say is that it is beautiful. We were greeted by Lesley who made us feel welcome straight away and showed us to our room on the ground floor which was the Mint room and it looks just like it does on their website. We had arrived early but all was ready.

We didn't have a view as we were on the ground floor, but not sure what the other rooms look out onto, but for us this didn't matter as when we stay at a guest house we only use it as a base.

We had a bit of an emmergency on the Friday night and they couldn't do enough to help us and they even stayed up until we arrived home at 1.30am in the morning.

The breakfast, well where do I start, the full Welsh is huge, it is all fresh and cooked well, no dripping fat in this hotel, and set us up for the day, so much so that we couldn't even eat a dinner that day, just a sandwhich. The next day I had the blueberry pancakes and all I can say is that I am so glad that I can't cook them, they were served with this beautiful honey and vanilla yoghurt dressing.

We were greeted on our return to the hotel that evening after a lovely day out to home made welsh cakes all beautifully presented in their own box, such a lovely touch and very welcome with the tea, coffee or hot chocolate which is supplied in your room with a kettle and bottled spring water.

The guest house has a central stair case on the ground floor leading up to a huge lounge with several different seating areas, and they have a table and chairs, board games, books, magazines and huge leather sofas for comfort, it really is like home from home.

They have a lovely beauty treatment salon for both men and women, but because of the nature of our visit were unable to use, although the prices are so reasonable compared to where we live and when we go back for a proper break to explore the Brecons and surrounding beautiful area, I hope to try some of those.

We would definitely go back to this hotel and hope it is not too far away, but on any stay in Wales with the family, we will definitely stay at the Soar and would defintiely recommend this to you.

Even though they were refurbishing 2 rooms when we arrived they asked us if we would prefer another room as it may be a little noisy and we declined as we were going to be out so much and even though there was the work going on we heard nothing, but it is the consideration they gave to us and this is what you will receive from this lovely couple in this lovely guest house.

Room Tip: I would say to ask for a room overlooking the valley, even though we were on the gound floor we didn't hear any noise, so it could be like this for the whole house, but ask if in doubt they will oblige if they can.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night for an anniversary party nearby. Had booked a double ensuite room but was shown to the annex which was in fact a 2 bed house! Lovely furniture and furnishings but as we were in a hurry to get changed and go out we didnt have time to ask if we could possibly change to what we had originally booked. No shower was told there was a mixer shower only to find one that you pushed onto the taps, not very suitable. The lighting was very poor to do makeup and no shelves near the mirrors to put your makeup on. Unless you were very thin there was not enough room to go round the end of the bed and had to climb over it each time I wanted to get past. Could not relax in bed and watch the tv as it was downstairs in the lounge and although had it looked at twice when we came back late the sound would not work, found out in morning that the scart lead kept slipping out. Nice touches with the plate of scones left with the strawberries, jam & cream but couldn't eat them as they were still frozen! The coffee in the jar was solid but this was replaced straightaway. The breakfast was 1st class and the hospitality very welcoming and I'm sure if we had stayed in the main chapel in just an ensuite room everything would have been perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank phoebes4
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed for one night in this lovely B&B. I arrived late in the evening, was pretty tired, but Lesley's warm welcome instantly made me feel at home. Rooms are beautiful & stylish and the whole design of the house is like if someone has really put his/her soul into this place. For the breakfast I've chosen pancakes with yoghurt & honey & vanilla: seems to be so simple, but was also sooo delicious! There is also something about Lesley's personality that adds value to this place. She is very delicate and caring host.
Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to have a lunch & dinner here, but based on my experience I would highly recommend Soar chapel to everyone. You'll be definitely left with the pleasant memories of staying in Beaufort.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mirk-mirk
Reviewed May 10, 2012

An absolutely stunning B & B. Lovely friendly owners. My only gripe (if you want to call it that) was, after reading all the reviews regarding the evening meals my expectations were high. Sadly I was disappointed with the main which was rather dried out but that may have been my personal choice. The dessert was very nice though, as was breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple