“Just what i needed”

and 1 more site!
Soar Chapel Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2011

What a lovely place to stay.

Lovely,friendly, very accomodating owners.
I stayed the twin red room at theback of the house- lovely, peaceful and quiet which I needed. If you're after views stay in the front rooms.
Breakfast was excellent
Guest facilities - which i didn't have time to use - where excellent and comfortable.
Thanks for the bottles of water and fresh homemade welsh cakes in my room.

If i ever get to own a B & B i'd like it to have this level of professionalism & friendliness.

Pictures are accurate

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Elaine r
There are newer reviews for Soar Chapel Guest House

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We were met in the car park by the owner - Lesley - who came out because sat nav got me slightly lost! She welcomed us in and as the website says - went on to make some welsh cakes for us whilst we settled in. The room was actually even nicer than the picture - absolutely spotless,bright fresh - high ceilings and plenty of wardrobe and space for both of us. I stayed with my son as we were going to the Brecon Jazz Festival and if we go back next year - I know where I will be staying - but this time I will bring a group of friends with us.. Plenty of fresh crisp white towels and toiletries were on hand for our use.
Lounge area was again spacious and very comfortable seating scattered around a huge plasma TV screen as well as a huge area that you could sit down and have a chat or read a book.
Brecon is a wonderful 20 minute drive from Ebbw Vale - spectacular views on the way, winding roads full of sheep by the roadside.
Lesley was always willing to give any information about what to do, where to go and how to get there. She genuinely wanted to ensure that you had a good stay - and we did.
Breakfast room was bright airy and spotless.. The house has a lot of character and I can cater for individuals as well as couples and families. The warmth of this couple is totally refreshing. I suggest if you are in Brecon use this accommodation as your base - you will not be disappointed.
Huge breakfast whch catered for every need. - so much choice and what ever was not on the menu they would cook if you requested it..
The best thing about this accommodation is that it is exactly as the website protrays - bright - clean, trendy, homely and easy to get on with the owners..
The least thing I liked was the fact that I did not have time to have a massage - I did however see the room and again it was a very high standard....I would recommend to anybody going to Brecon to stay at least for one night at Soar Chapel. I will be going back.....SOON :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in the red room - twin bedded -I did not hear a pin drop during the night -
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Josephine O
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here overnight when visiting Green Man Festival at nearby Crickhowell. The buliding and the rooms themselves have been converted beautifully and the owners provided us with a lovely warm welcome. We would receommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JSMLondon
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This guest house is by far the best we have stayed in. It was a great experience and one which made our holiday in Wales complete. The building has been designed and created through sheer hard work and love and it is clear that Lesley and her family have put their heart and soul into developing this property. The rooms are spacious, individual and immaculate. The owners have thought of everything to make your stay as relaxing as possible. The food is outstanding and presented to a high standard. Everything is homecooked and delicious. I would recommed this guest house to anyone who wants to stay in a beautiful building with wonderful people. We were sad to leave!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CCHYorkshire
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here a few weeks ago and as the title suggests it was simple first class. To be honest I had stayed in Ebbw Vale for a few weeks on business and i was starting to pull my hair out. I met a local guy and asked him did he know anyway nice to stay and he suggested Soar Chapel.....I wasnt so sure as i couldnt find any reviews but I though I would live life on the edge and I was really glad I did.

From the moment I got there I was looked after......if you have read some of my reviews before some might say i was hard to please but i would say i just like people to do what they say.

Some of the things i liked about Soar Chapel
- nothing was a problem.
- friendly people and loved what they did.
- they were happy to know you were happy.
- free Wi fi
- bottle of water and fridge in the room.
- great breakfast menu....and will make you anything else you want.
- no check out time.
- home made cooking and healthy too.
- secure parking.
- £35.00 per night pp.
- evening dinner if you wished.
- TV room with wide screen TV.
- Lounge to relax.
- Beauty treatments if your into that.
- on suite bathroom with large shower.
- no time restrictions when you come and go.

In short if your going to Ebbw Vale or near stay here....you wont be dissappointed and you will def enjoy it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank LauraLoye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
#1 of 3 in Abergavenny
Gliffaes Country House Hotel
Gliffaes Country House Hotel
#3 of 16 in Crickhowell

Been to Soar Chapel Guest House? Share your experiences!